Layla and Majnun translation
Thread poster: qafisheh
Jan 25, 2010

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project for school and need to translate a passage from Leyla and Majnun into Arabic. I have the English copy of the story and it goes like this:

Each grain of sand takes its own length and breadth as the measure of the world; yet, beside a mountain range it is as nothing. You yourself are the grain of sand; you are your own prisoner. Break your cage, break free from yourself, free from humanity; learn that what you thought was real is
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am working on a project for school and need to translate a passage from Leyla and Majnun into Arabic. I have the English copy of the story and it goes like this:

Each grain of sand takes its own length and breadth as the measure of the world; yet, beside a mountain range it is as nothing. You yourself are the grain of sand; you are your own prisoner. Break your cage, break free from yourself, free from humanity; learn that what you thought was real is not so in reality. Follow Nizami: burn but your own treasure, like a candle -- then the world, your sovereign, will become your slave. (page 148)

I was wondering if anyone has the Arabic version quoted directly from Nizami...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Layla and Majnun translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »