Distance learning course for Arabic
Thread poster: xxxSaifa
xxxSaifa
Local time: 03:45
German to French
+ ...
Jul 26, 2005

Hi everybody,

I have been learning Arabic for 2 years now with a particular teacher here in Germany. As I am moving to Spain in September, I am looking for another way of keeping learning. Of course I could look for another particular teacher, but I think that the moment has come to study more systematically.

My question: could someone recommend a distance learning language course for Arabic?
(Intermediate level).
I would prefer an institution like a University or College to an online school or a language school, as I would like to get a certificate, even if I never use it.

The best teaching language for me would be Spanish, French or German, but English would be acceptable as well. An institution within the European Union would be fine (easier for payment), but is not condition.

Thank you very much

Chademu

[Edited at 2005-07-26 11:41]

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not distance so far Jul 28, 2005

But google for "Escuela Oficial de Idiomas" in the specific line of advanced search and put the name of your prospective city in the first line.

I was watching this thread to see if it came up with something on distance, but failing that, the EOI's a good bet. They'll admit testing to skip 2 levels.

xxxSaifa
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Lorito Jul 29, 2005

Thank you, Parrot, I had a look, but the next EOI for me would mean spending half an hour in an overcrowded train to get there.
I think in this case I would prefer to look for another good private teacher (language schools often do not keep what they are promising - I have taught in some of them for years), it should not be too difficult.

But I am going to wait a little bit, to metacrawl a lot more and compare the different possibilities, perhaps also in France or Morocco...

Have a nice week-end,

Chademu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Distance learning course for Arabic

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search