dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:14
Arabic to English
+ ...
Sep 14, 2005

hi
I am having a problem typing English in an Arabic translation that i have, for example

if i type اسم هذا البرنامج ميكروسوفت then i want to add next to this MS or any other english word like MENA or MPS or anything on the same line it will mass up with whole line and words will jump from one end to the other , is there any way of doing that without going through all this pain ?
thanks a lot

ALMERCANA
ALMERCANA  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 17:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Combination has to do with mastering Word tool bar Sep 15, 2005

Hi,
as I see u have no problem with combining Arabic and English. your problem, I guess, is that you do not master Word tool bar. It's normal that when changing the language the line will turn right to left or vice versa. What you should know is the button that turns text "right to left" or "left to right" which is located in the bar in the head of your screen (if you don't have you should personalize your bar).
with regards

Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
. Sep 15, 2005

Make sure that the alignment is set to "right", or just click both right control+right shift at the same time.
Ziad

Dina Abdo
Dina Abdo  Identity Verified
Palestine
Local time: 19:14
Member (2005)
Arabic
+ ...
page setup! Sep 15, 2005

This has to do with your selected setups for your page, and the text direction.

I think you're using an English version of word. If you don't have it in Arabic, then try to update it to support Arabic.

You need to make sure that the text direction is made right to left (direction not alignment). Then use your tools menu to submit in-text changes.

If none of the above worked out, and you're sure that your word supports Arabic, then you'll have to create a ne
... See more
This has to do with your selected setups for your page, and the text direction.

I think you're using an English version of word. If you don't have it in Arabic, then try to update it to support Arabic.

You need to make sure that the text direction is made right to left (direction not alignment). Then use your tools menu to submit in-text changes.

If none of the above worked out, and you're sure that your word supports Arabic, then you'll have to create a new blank document and paste your text into it after removing its formatting.

If you're doing your translation within the same document of the original English text, then you should start your new page including your translation by selecting فاصل: الصفحة التالية ... Ican't recall those menus in English now. But you just select next page ... you should find it.

Working within your same documents transfers the formatting of the English text right into your new added pages even if you're writing in Arabic.

If anything else comes up to my mind, I'll be sending you again
Collapse

dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:14
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Sep 15, 2005

Hi All
thanks a lot everyone, it is really nice of you to reply back to me. I thank everyone for assisting, however, I think Dina has got the closer answer so far
please let me know if you have any additional suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how can i type Both English and Arabic in the text

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »