Thread poster: Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Local time: 05:28
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 22, 2005

Dear colleagues,

I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who has just finished university and has been studying Arabic for four years.

Now, she would like to see whether she may start working as a translator and would like to practice to see if she can do it. She would like to have an idea of the sort of texts she would have to translate. Unfortunately, my languages are English and German and I cannot help her. May someone send me some texts in Arabic for practice (p
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am writing on behalf of a friend of mine who has just finished university and has been studying Arabic for four years.

Now, she would like to see whether she may start working as a translator and would like to practice to see if she can do it. She would like to have an idea of the sort of texts she would have to translate. Unfortunately, my languages are English and German and I cannot help her. May someone send me some texts in Arabic for practice (pdf better), possibly not too long and technical, so that I can hand them to her?

You can contact me via Proz.

Thank you very much in advance,
Carla
Collapse

ALMERCANA
ALMERCANA  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 04:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hi Carla Sep 22, 2005

I'm ready to send you a newsletter in Arabic as soon as I get your email.
Nabil

S Abdullah
S Abdullah
English to Arabic
+ ...
good luck Sep 22, 2005

www.alquds.co.uk, you can find text and pdf files as much as you like there

good luck

Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
Local time: 05:28
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Sep 22, 2005

Thank you Nabil for the text and S Abdullah for the link.
Actually I cannot understand a word, but I'll pass it to my friend.

Have a nice day,
Carla

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

looking for PDF documents in Arabic for practice

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »