Ziad Marzouka
Ziad Marzouka  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 19, 2005

Dear colleagues,

Today I received an email which I think is a total scam and just thought that I should warn you all in case you get similiar email messages. Here's what's written in the email:

Asalamalekun,

I am Mrs Zainab Hassan from Libya.

I am married to Late Mallam Ali Hassan of blessed memory who is an Oil Explorer in Africa and Ku
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Today I received an email which I think is a total scam and just thought that I should warn you all in case you get similiar email messages. Here's what's written in the email:

Asalamalekun,

I am Mrs Zainab Hassan from Libya.

I am married to Late Mallam Ali Hassan of blessed memory who is an Oil Explorer in Africa and Kuwait for twelve years before he died in the year 2002.
We were married for twelve years with a child, His name is Ahmed Hassan. My Husband died after a brief that lasted for only few days.

Before his death we were both devoted Muslims. Since his death I too have been battling with Cancer of the Breast . Recently My doctor told me that l have only few months to live due to the Cancer Growth in my body.

Though what disturbs me most is my hard breathing.l dont breathe easily.
When my late Husband was alive he deposited the sum of $5.3million (Five Million Three Hundred thousand U.S Dollars) with a Finance Company in Europe.

l want to donate this fund to either a Muslim organization or devoted Muslim person that will utilize these money the way I am going to instruct herein.

I want this Muslim organization or person to use these money USD$5.3M in all honesty to Finance and Build Mosques, and take proper care of my only son, Ahmed and Orphanage Homes and also propagating the word of Allah and to ensure that the society upholds the views and beliefs of the Holy Quran.

The Holy Quran emphasizes so much on Allah's benevolence and this has encourage me to take the bold step.I took this decision because of my only son,He cannot manage and inherit these money USD$5.3M alone and my late husband relatives are Christian converts and I dont want a situation where these money will be used in an Unholy manner.Hence the reasons for this bold decision.

I know that when l die I will be with Allah the Most Benevolent and the most Merciful.

I dont need any telephone communication with regards to my health. Keep this Transaction Secret until we conclude next week if you can respond fast.
With Allah all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I will give you the contact information of the Finance Company Europe .

My Lawyer will issue you a Power of Authority to enable you act as the "Sole Beneficiary" of the money USD$5.3M when you contact the Finance Company in Europe.

My happiness is that I lived as a true devoted Muslims worthy of emulation.
Any delay in your reply will give room in sourcing for a Muslim organization or a devoted Muslim.

Please always be prayerful all through your life.

l will be expecting your response.

Allah be with you
Mrs Zainab Hassan.
Collapse

ALMERCANA
ALMERCANA  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 02:56
English to Arabic
+ ...
Salam Dec 19, 2005

he deposited the sum of $5.3million (Five Million Three Hundred thousand U.S Dollars)
[/quote]

Dear Ziad,
Thank you for your concern in alerting the colleagues about this scam. Personally, I received about 10 mails of this kind the latest of which was three days ago, they were from countries including USA, South Africa, Ivory Cost, Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso. I even received faxes and calls about similar subjects. What I can assure you and all colleagues of is
... See more
he deposited the sum of $5.3million (Five Million Three Hundred thousand U.S Dollars)
[/quote]

Dear Ziad,
Thank you for your concern in alerting the colleagues about this scam. Personally, I received about 10 mails of this kind the latest of which was three days ago, they were from countries including USA, South Africa, Ivory Cost, Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso. I even received faxes and calls about similar subjects. What I can assure you and all colleagues of is that those are inernational gangs, they can even involve banks and real companies.
regards,
Nabil
Collapse

sousou
sousou
Algeria
Local time: 02:56
English to French
+ ...
Scam Dec 19, 2005

Dear Colleauges,

I totally agree with you, i have also been receiving a couple of E-Mails under the same topic; that's what we defintely call Scam E-Mails.

Better be careful, and ignore those kinds of messages.

Kindest Regds,

Sousou

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam warning!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »