Thread poster: ahmadwadan.com
dmoamin
dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:36
Arabic to English
+ ...
may be the wording? Dec 17, 2006

I stopped agreeing and disagreeing from day one when I posted something and then I disagreed on one of the answers and someone got mad and e-mailed me to tell me why did I do that. And I did not know that when I disagree to someone’s translation that I am stating that it is totally wrong. What I thought I was doing was that disagreeing because it is not what I am looking for in my context on in the specific translation piece that I am working on. And I also thought that if I do not disagree I ... See more
I stopped agreeing and disagreeing from day one when I posted something and then I disagreed on one of the answers and someone got mad and e-mailed me to tell me why did I do that. And I did not know that when I disagree to someone’s translation that I am stating that it is totally wrong. What I thought I was doing was that disagreeing because it is not what I am looking for in my context on in the specific translation piece that I am working on. And I also thought that if I do not disagree I will not receive more answers from other colleagues. And also I thought if I do not disagree it will not explain to the translators what or where is the focus of my piece of translation is . For example if I did not say that that specific translation was not what I was looking for then other translators will not think of going further to different meanings and search for it in a different context. I do not think that there is a wrong or right answer to the translation of a word but there is more proper and less proper depending on the type of the text and context. So basically and simply if it is not what I am looking for (it is not wrong) but it is not proper for my specific translation purposes. So may be the “agree, disagree” should be changed into different terms such as suits my translation or does not suit my translation purposes. I do not think that we are here to teach one another , rather we are here to benefit from each other’s experience and enjoy being open minded and receptive to other thoughts and ideas and being creative about our translationsCollapse

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 05:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Regarding jumbled Arabic text Dec 18, 2006

Nesrin wrote:

(Sorry to be replying in English, but as you see the moment you put an English word in the Arabic sentence it gets completely jumbled up)

Hello Nesrin,
I have a way that enables us writing Arabic in forums without jumbling. Here is the way using simple HTML code:

Tag 1: <div align=right>
Arabic text goes here between the 2 tags.
Tag 2: </div>

Here is an example: http://www.proz.com/topic/61478
Kind regards

Ahmed Wadan
English-Arabic Financial Translator
http://wadan.arablish.com

[Edited at 2006-12-18 06:04]

[Edited at 2006-12-18 06:05]

Ahmed Dahman
Ahmed Dahman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
محاولة مع الشكر Dec 18, 2006

شكراً جزيلاً على تلك المشاركة الرائعة

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 05:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ط§ظ„ظ…ط´ط§ط±ظƒط© ط§ظ„ظ…طھط®طµطµط© ط­ظˆظ„ ظƒطھط§ط¨ط© ط§ظ„ظ†طµ ط§ظ„ط¹ط±ط¨ظٹ ظ…ظ† ط§ظ„ظٹظ…ظٹظ† ط¥ظ„ظ‰ ط Dec 18, 2006

Ahmed Dahman wrote:

شكراً جزيلاً على تلك المشاركة الرائعة

على الرحب والسعة يا سيد أحمد
للمزيد من المعلومات حول هذا الموضوع يرجى زيارة الرابط التالي:
http://www.proz.com/post/473756

Fathy Shehatto
Fathy Shehatto  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:36
English to Arabic
+ ...
مجرد خواطر Feb 8, 2007

اولا/ اخوانى واخواتى الكرام .. سعيد بوجودي بينكم بهذا الموقع الرائع ..

1- بخصوص موضوع التصويت لرد على سؤال ... حدث معى موقف محير جدا فقدت وجدت جميع الردود صحيحة ... لكن هناك عدة ردود صحيحه .. ورد م وحيد مقنع واقربهم للصحيح .. فهل لو صوت بالموافقة لجميع الردود اكون قد وقعت بخط�
... See more
اولا/ اخوانى واخواتى الكرام .. سعيد بوجودي بينكم بهذا الموقع الرائع ..

1- بخصوص موضوع التصويت لرد على سؤال ... حدث معى موقف محير جدا فقدت وجدت جميع الردود صحيحة ... لكن هناك عدة ردود صحيحه .. ورد م وحيد مقنع واقربهم للصحيح .. فهل لو صوت بالموافقة لجميع الردود اكون قد وقعت بخطا ... ام ان المطلوب منى اختيار افضل الردود فقط والتصويت بالموافقة عليها ؟! بمعنى اختار الرد الاقوى لغويا واقوى حجة ؟

2- ارى ان الاخ/الاخت الذي /التي تمر على رد وتجد انه ( غير منطقى او غير مقنع او خاطىء) وتبتعد بدون التصويت بالخطا ... ارى انهم/انهن آثمين ... لان هذه تعتبر شهادة والاية القرانية تقول "ومن يكتم الشهادة فإنه آثم قلبه " كذلك لو اطلع احد الاعضاء على رد سليم 100% ولم يصوت له يعتبر آثم لان مجرد مروره بالسؤال يعتبر نية للمشاركة فلم لا يشارك بموافقة او رفض حتى نرتقى باللغه ونحقق مستوى منشود ونحقق غايتنا ونصل لاقصى استفادة من السؤال .. ارجو الا تعتبرونى قد تطاولت لمجال الفتوى او الادعاء بالعلم فهذا مجرد راى الشخصي .

3- هذا المنتدى لغير الناطقين بالانجليزية فلما لا نحرص على مناقشة جميع مشاكلنا اللغوية والفنية بالمنتدى باللغة العربية حتى لا يطلع اى شخص من الناطقين بالانجليزية على ما نقول فيكون فيه تشويه للصورة والمظهر المناسب لمترجم محترف ومتخصص ... مثال لمشكلة قد طرحت هنا بالمنتدى ... وهى مشكلة التصويت بالرفض والقبول لراى والتى نحن بصددها فقد ذكر احد الاخوة بان بعض المشاركين قد يلجا للقيام احيانا بنسخ راى سابق لزميل او زميلة من اجل الحصول على نقاط وليس من اجل الفائدة العامة .

واخيرا اتمنى من الله العلي القدير ان اكون خفيفا على قلوبكم , فانا عضو جديد بينكم , واتمنى ان اكون اخا لكم

اخوكم/ فتحى شحتو

[Edited at 2007-02-08 10:31]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

الاعتراض أو عدم الموافقة عند التصويت على الإجابات المقترحة

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »