Thread poster: Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 23:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 30, 2002

I have contacted many publishing companies in KSA, Lebanon,Arab League and others in Europe and the USA.Nothing has been finanlized yet. We are still waiting for their replies. Any help to contact any publishing companies on behalf of our team, please do.

Please read the letters i have sent:

(Letters to Ectaco & I Universe)

Dear Sir,

We have a collectively compiled English Arabic Dictionary, and we would like to get it pu
... See more
I have contacted many publishing companies in KSA, Lebanon,Arab League and others in Europe and the USA.Nothing has been finanlized yet. We are still waiting for their replies. Any help to contact any publishing companies on behalf of our team, please do.

Please read the letters i have sent:

(Letters to Ectaco & I Universe)

Dear Sir,

We have a collectively compiled English Arabic Dictionary, and we would like to get it published once it is done. We would be glad to cooperate with you in publishing our voluminous dictionary.

I would like first to draw your attention to the following facts:

1. More than 40 Arab translators from 18 countries are now working on this project.

2. They are, each in his or her field, translating glossaries and terms in the following areas:

Finance, politics, law, banking, marketing, accounting, stock market, medicine, insurance, mortgage, investment, real estate, genealogy, publishing, printing, media, press, journalism, , diplomacy, UN, shipping, archeology , economics, medicine, technology, computer, internet , information technology, police, immigration, divorce, rare coins, international economics, political science, food.

3. Most published English Arabic dictionaries are neither updated or nor thorough. This is a reality that most translators face and admit. So our project is unique and highly wanted by Arab community anywhere.

4. I am so sure that it will be a good and incredible investment for you as a publishing company, I guarantee that!

5. I think we will come up with a mammoth dictionary. We might come up with 6-7 huge dictionaries at least.

6. Our project is unique and highly needed for translation business and all concerned.

7. It has got a very nice publicity. Actually it has become an international event. The Arabic leading newspaper (Al Sharq Al Awsat) has written a long article about our project.

Now!

We would like to get this project published once it is finalized but before discussing and reaching an agreement with you, that there are certain points and questions that should be highlighted:

1. Copyrights of the dictionary or dictionaries since there are 40 translators involved.

2. Who will be financially and personally in charge of the proofreading process, as this job requires so before getting it into publishing.

3. What are your financial obligations in this project?

4. How could you help us finalize written agreements with translators?

5. That such dictionary or dictionaries should be published electronically and on paper and shall be distributed worldwide.

6. Financial compensation for each participant against the job he or she did..

7. Kind of agreement that could be concluded and terms of the contract.

Please keep in mind that our dictionary is the largest English Arabic one in history! That is really true!

I promise you that you will have a historic cooperation with us!

I honestly look forward to work with you.

I hope to have your kind reply thereon.

My best regards,

Amer Al Azem

Organizer of the Voluminous English Arabic Dictionary

(Letter to ALESCO- Arab League, Tunisia & Library of Lebanon)

Dear Sir,

We are 40 Arab translators from 18 countries. We are all working on the compilation of the largest English Arabic dictionary ever. I launched the idea at www.proz.com a month ago where there are more than 700 Arab translators from all over the globe who are members of the said site. You can visit the site and check about our project. I am the organizer and supervisor of the project. My name is Amer Al Azem, a Jordanian national.

I would like first to draw your attention to the following facts:

(The same points as the above letter)

Please read the attached article that was published in Al Sharq Al Awsat 10 days ago.

We seek your assistance to help us publish this voluminous project. All Arabs will avail from this pivotal project.

Can you adopt or help us?

We would be glad to hear from you.

Our Arabic collective team would be so delighted to have your positive response. I would be so glad to announce that in the largest translation forum in the world.

Please note that our project is the largest Arab collective work in this regard. It embodies the blessed collective Arabic action.

Tahiyyati

Amer Al Azem

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic Dictionary - Notice 5 - Letters to Publishing companies

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »