Urgent Help: Arabic on Java Program
Thread poster: Amenay
Amenay
Amenay
English
Aug 2, 2006

Hello all,

Please bear with me if this has already been dealt with. I have some text that consists of Java tags (for functions) in English and Associated Arabic text*. Tis text is in Notepad and I have enabled right to left reading to write in Arabic. Now, unfortunately, when the text is fed to the application it switches to left to right reading (it's aparently native to Java, since it has to read the Java function names first from left to right ). The Arabic text appears normally,
... See more
Hello all,

Please bear with me if this has already been dealt with. I have some text that consists of Java tags (for functions) in English and Associated Arabic text*. Tis text is in Notepad and I have enabled right to left reading to write in Arabic. Now, unfortunately, when the text is fed to the application it switches to left to right reading (it's aparently native to Java, since it has to read the Java function names first from left to right ). The Arabic text appears normally, but as you can guess the left to right order causes all sorts of problems (dots at the beginning of sentences, word and paragraph order altered etc). It doesn't make for a good reading at all.

Now, can you please tell me how to go about this problem? If I switch to left-to-right reading in notepad, it's extremely hard to write in Arabic. How I can do this with minimal effort? Please bear in mind that the text needs to be fed to the application and it could switch to left-to-right reading again?

This problem is doing my head in. The translation is all done (right-to-left in notepad) and I can't see myself re-doing all the work from scratch.

Please can anybody help?

Thanks,

Amenay.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent Help: Arabic on Java Program

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »