Voice-over in Arabic
Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
I have a client who has sent me a voice-over job, as part of a multi-faceted project. I am new to voice-over. Does anyone know of a reliable studio I can use, knowing that I live in Cairo? Also, I don't have the faintest idea about voice-over rates. Please, advise
Many thanks, guys!
| | shfranke
Local time: 14:09
English to Arabic
| Check for film studios and TV stations in Cairo area || Sep 29, 2006 |
Greetings... ahalan wa sahalan...
Ramadan kariim (if appropriate)
You might check for film studios in the Cairo area and/or film-industry-related firms which do post-production work that includes voice-overs of dialogue in foreign films.
Ditto for Cairo-based TV stations which use VTs/other-media copies of foreign productions.
Whatver source you find, insure that
(1) the system you would use for producing voice-overs is compatible with what your customer wants
(2) you insist that the studio you engage for that voice-over production and insertion will provide you with training (and time to practice) on using that system.
Adjust your quote (complete production fee) to your customer to cover the additional expenses incurred for using that studio.
Voice-over production, like subtitling and time-encoding, is not simple or cheap, if your customer desires a quality product.
Hope this helps.
Khair, in shaa' Allah.
Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
| Duration and rate || Sep 30, 2006 |
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I do have a couple of questions myself:
1. What do you mean the system should be compatible with that of my client's? I mean, what exactly should I ask my client or my studio about?
2. In average, how long would an hour of output take? I mean does it take 2 or 3 hours to produce 1 output hours? Or longer?
3. Also, in average, how much should I charge my client? Do I charge per output hour or per word as in translation?
May thanks for your help
All the best,
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »