Thread poster: Manal chreidah
Manal chreidah
Manal chreidah  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:27
German to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 10, 2006

Hi,

I am using Trados (trial version), but the problem it does not give me any matches. What is the mistake I am doing?

thanks
manal

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
Local time: 12:27
English to Arabic
+ ...
See tutorials Dec 12, 2006

Manal chreidah wrote:

Hi,

I am using Trados (trial version), but the problem it does not give me any matches. What is the mistake I am doing?

thanks
manal

Hi Manal,

First of all, did you create a memory (German-Arabic)? Do you see the flags of both languages on your WorkBench? If yes, make sure this memory to be opened everytime you work.

It is recommended to see the tutorials before using any software.

[Edited at 2006-12-12 13:44]

Manal chreidah
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
where is your answer Mumtaz? Dec 12, 2006

I have recieved an email telling me there was a forum post on my subject sent by Mumtaz, I dont see the post here? have u deleted it Mumtaz? Anyway, to answer ur question, yes I creat a memomry and open it, but it is empty, dont know why.

Best Regards
Manal

Manal chreidah
German to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tell me your experience with TRADOS-Arabic Dec 12, 2006

Hello friends,

I would appreciate if you tell me your experience with TRADOS. Does it work properly with arabic?

Thanks
Best wishes
Manal

Mumtaz
Mumtaz
Local time: 12:27
English to Arabic
+ ...
Re: TM Dec 13, 2006

but it is empty, dont know why.

Hi again,

Once you generate a translation memory it must be empty, as it is still brand new, now its your role, as a translator, to start updating/enhancing this (temporary empty) memory by using:

A) WorkBench, each time you translate.
B) WinAlign, of old translation projects you may have.

To see how your translation memory works, please translate these 3 easy examples:

The boy goes to school everyday.

The girl goes to school everyday.

The boy goes to school everyday.

Translate the 1st sentence in the yellow background, once finished, move to the 2nd sentence, now you will see workBench is telling you that this sentence is a fuzzy match which means the recycled translation is correct, BUT, the word(s) highlighted in grey (girl) needs to be translated. Now by moving to the 3rd sentence I'm sure you will smile!

Kind regards

[Edited at 2006-12-13 12:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados German-Arabic

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »