Where to learn Standard Arabic in London?
Thread poster: Marina_Ru_Fr

Marina_Ru_Fr
Local time: 02:51
French to Russian
Dec 12, 2006

Hi,

Could you help me to find the best value for money way to learn Arabic in West London? Any teachers or Schools for adults you could recommend? Any sites where to find a swap of languages?

Thank you!
Marina

Deschant
Local time: 02:51
SOAS? Dec 12, 2006

Hi,

Not that I know it directly but the School of Oriental and African Languages (SOAS) has an excellent reputation:

http://www.soas.ac.uk

Here's a direct link to their Arabic courses:

http://www.soas.ac.uk/languagecentre/arabic/home.html

S Abdullah
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hi Dec 13, 2006

Hi

I guess if you visit the Mosques in the area, they should have some useful information in this matter.

good luck

Mohammed Lafi
Germany
Local time: 03:51
Member (2017)
English to Arabic
+ ...
SOAS Feb 16, 2007

SOAS is the best place for Arabic.Plus there are many Arabic native speakers there.

If you need a private teacher, you might contact basel@soas.ac.uk
He works as an Arabic tutor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to learn Standard Arabic in London?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search