Dari fonts / Asiasoft - Urgent, please help!!!!
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:44
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2002

Hi there

I am caught in the middle of a font problem. A friend has done some translation for me from English to Dari. He says it was created in Asiasoft. The files I received have come out reading left to right instead of right to left. Also some of the characters do not read properly (square boxes instead of proper arabic characters). Can anyone advise me how to solve this problem best.

Thank you.

Dan

Adil Osman
Adil Osman
Local time: 17:44
English to Arabic
+ ...
Go to File Nov 30, 2002

i think Dari uses Arabic alphabet. so go to file, view, encoding and click on Arabic windows.

alternatively click your right mouse button once. then go to encoding and choose Arabic windows.

hope this helps.

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Use the right program Dec 1, 2002

Hi Dan,

What is the program you are using to open the Dari text?

Have you loaded Dari fonts onto your pc?

It seems to me you are using a program which is not fully compatible with Asiasoft which is substituting Arabic fonts for Dari fonts. This explains the \"boxes\" instead of characters, because Dari has a few extra characters not available in the Arabic fonts.

My suggestion is to make sure you have Dari fonts loaded. If that does not work you
... See more
Hi Dan,

What is the program you are using to open the Dari text?

Have you loaded Dari fonts onto your pc?

It seems to me you are using a program which is not fully compatible with Asiasoft which is substituting Arabic fonts for Dari fonts. This explains the \"boxes\" instead of characters, because Dari has a few extra characters not available in the Arabic fonts.

My suggestion is to make sure you have Dari fonts loaded. If that does not work you might need to use Asiasoft to open the file.

Good Luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dari fonts / Asiasoft - Urgent, please help!!!!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »