Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >
WATA's Historic Journey
Thread poster: Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 19:49
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Iraq Jun 29, 2003

Dear Mr. Amer Al Azem,
Hello. Hope you are doing well . It gives me a great pleasure indeed that you have contacted me . I am really proud of your sincere efforts and would like to congratulate you here for your new web page and Translation Association . I am writing now a Ph.D research on Machine Translation . It gives me a great honour really to be a member at your Association and to contribute in any of its activities .

Wish you all success and the best of luck .
... See more
Dear Mr. Amer Al Azem,
Hello. Hope you are doing well . It gives me a great pleasure indeed that you have contacted me . I am really proud of your sincere efforts and would like to congratulate you here for your new web page and Translation Association . I am writing now a Ph.D research on Machine Translation . It gives me a great honour really to be a member at your Association and to contribute in any of its activities .

Please keep in touch . I do appreciate.

Warm regards.

Sincerely yours,
Asst.Prof. Yasmin Hikmet
Dept. of Translation / College of Arts
Univ. of Mustansiriyya
Baghdad - Iraq.
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Saudi Al Watan Newspaper once again Jul 1, 2003

صحيفة الوطن :الجمعية الدولية للمترجمين العرب تفاوض "اليونسكو" على تعاون متبادل

http://www.alwatan.com.sa/daily/2003-06-28/culture/culture08.htm
----------
نشكر صحيفة الوطن السعودية و الصحفي الكبير الأخ خالد المحاميد على دعمه
... See more
صحيفة الوطن :الجمعية الدولية للمترجمين العرب تفاوض "اليونسكو" على تعاون متبادل

http://www.alwatan.com.sa/daily/2003-06-28/culture/culture08.htm
----------
نشكر صحيفة الوطن السعودية و الصحفي الكبير الأخ خالد المحاميد على دعمه و متابعته و نشره للمرة الثالثة عن إنجازات المترجمين العرب و التي تعبر عن أصل عربي أصيل.

[Edited at 2003-07-01 21:48]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Iraq Jul 3, 2003

Dear Mr.Al Azem ,
Alsalamu 'Alaikum . Hope you are doing fine . Thanks indeed for your reply and your kind and gentle words of support. It gives me a great honour indeed to join your board . I am really so glad to hear about your Association . Arab translators are in urgent need of this . I would also like to say that I am ready for any kind of activity you like me to participate in . I am working on a project regarding the evaluation of up -to -date versions of Arabic MT systems . By t
... See more
Dear Mr.Al Azem ,
Alsalamu 'Alaikum . Hope you are doing fine . Thanks indeed for your reply and your kind and gentle words of support. It gives me a great honour indeed to join your board . I am really so glad to hear about your Association . Arab translators are in urgent need of this . I would also like to say that I am ready for any kind of activity you like me to participate in . I am working on a project regarding the evaluation of up -to -date versions of Arabic MT systems . By the way , I have already spread the wonderful news about WATA to my colleagues and they are looking forward for membership .

As you know , we are living under exceptional circumstances these days . To my regret , I could not have access to the Internet due to server and eletricity failure . I'll see the web pages you list below whenever this would be possible .

May Allah bless you and grant you all that you like . It is really my honour to know and have contact with good and honest people like you .

I'll keep in touch . Hope you do so too .

Wish you all success and a happy life .

Sincerely yours ,
Yasmin.
---------
نرحب بجميع المترجمات العراقيات الماجدات و أخوانهن كذلك.

[Edited at 2003-07-03 10:36]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Saudi Arabia Jul 4, 2003

أخي أنا سعودي وأستاذ في كلية اللغة العربية ، أخي هو موقع متواضع ولكني منذ مدة أعمل في تصميم جديد ويمكنك زيارة الصفحة التي عن الترجمة وفيها رابط يعرف بجمعيتكم وهو:
... See more
أخي أنا سعودي وأستاذ في كلية اللغة العربية ، أخي هو موقع متواضع ولكني منذ مدة أعمل في تصميم جديد ويمكنك زيارة الصفحة التي عن الترجمة وفيها رابط يعرف بجمعيتكم وهو:
http://site150.webhost4life.com/voiceofarab/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=27
وأنا مستعد أن أنشر أي شيء عن جمعيتكم .
أرجو أن تزور الصفحة الآن وتبدي ملاحظاتك عليها ، أما دعمكم فمن واجبي دعم كل من يسهم بخدمة العربية ونشرها في حدود ما أستطيعه.
أنا أعتز بجهودكم ... أرجو منكم تزويدي إن رغبتم بتفاصيل مشروعكم .. كالحديث عن القاموس وغير ذلك
أبو فراس

[Edited at 2003-07-05 20:35]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Iraq Jul 7, 2003

By the way, my advisor Asst.Prof. Dr. Alya' M.H.Al-Ruba'i is so interested in joining your team. She just asks about the conditions and requirements of membership. She's highly qualified and specialized in consecutive translation. She used to be the Head of the Dept .of Translation 2001- April 2003 .

Awaiting your kind reply.

Sincerely yours,
Yasmin.

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of UAE Jul 10, 2003

الأخ الأستاذ عامر
تحياتي الخالصة إليك وإلى كافة الزميلات والزملاء الذين انضموا اليك لتحقيق مشروع حضاري مهم نحتاج اليه على العديد من الصعد ابتداء من المصلحة القومية حيث تواجه أمتنا هجمة شرسة تستهدف و جودها و تسعى إلى تشويه رسالتها وقيمها النبيلة و أصبح لزاما علينا جميعا �
... See more
الأخ الأستاذ عامر
تحياتي الخالصة إليك وإلى كافة الزميلات والزملاء الذين انضموا اليك لتحقيق مشروع حضاري مهم نحتاج اليه على العديد من الصعد ابتداء من المصلحة القومية حيث تواجه أمتنا هجمة شرسة تستهدف و جودها و تسعى إلى تشويه رسالتها وقيمها النبيلة و أصبح لزاما علينا جميعا التصدي للأصوات المعادية و الأقلام الحاقدة المضللة التي تكتب في شرق الأرض و غربها و الرد عليها من خلال نقل الحقيقة و إسماع صوتنا الى جميع الذين وقفت غربة اللغة حاجزا بيننا و بينهم, و مرورا بالمصلحة العلمية الأكاديمية في مجال الترجمة و التعريب في جامعاتنا و مؤسساتنا الأكاديمية و العلمية و انتهاء بالمصلحة الفردية لكل مجتهد ساهم في هذا المجال بامكانياته الذاتية الخاصة.
إننا بحاجة ماسة الى رابطة أوهيئة تجمعنا و إنني أتوسم الخير في هذه الجمعية وإذ أعبر عن رغبتي في الانضمام اليكم فإنني جاهز للمساهمة بأي عمل يمكن أن يفيد هذه الجمعية ويدفع بها الى تحقيق النجاح.
بارك الله بكم و كلل جهودكم بالنجاح.
أ. د. طاهر بادنجكي
الإمارات العربية المتحدة
----------
أهلا بك أخي أبا محمد
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of UAE Jul 12, 2003

" I want to help you"

Dear Sir,
I appreciate all your great efforts. I want to help but I do not know how to help!!!I sent you some links of good sites to translators. I hope you will like it .
I also have my own glossary of Egyptian dialect language. I do not know if it can help. I found all these words in subtitled programs .I am sure it is so naive. But this is what I can give you. Please tell me if there is anything specific we can do.

Here are some
... See more
" I want to help you"

Dear Sir,
I appreciate all your great efforts. I want to help but I do not know how to help!!!I sent you some links of good sites to translators. I hope you will like it .
I also have my own glossary of Egyptian dialect language. I do not know if it can help. I found all these words in subtitled programs .I am sure it is so naive. But this is what I can give you. Please tell me if there is anything specific we can do.

Here are some words of my glossary:

Enas

-----------
أهلا بالحرة العربية. ليت أحرار العرب يقرءوا!

[Edited at 2003-07-12 19:03]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of UK Jul 14, 2003

"Cooperation with IATIS"
Dear Mr. Al Azem,

My name is Sameh Fekry; I am a researcher in translation studies at the university of Manchester.I work with Professor Mona Baker.I am also an executive member of the International Association of Transaltion and Intercultural Studies( IATIS). As a first step for cooperation with IATIS I am attaching two leaflets: one about IATIS itself and the other is about the international conference on Translation and the Construction of Identity
... See more
"Cooperation with IATIS"
Dear Mr. Al Azem,

My name is Sameh Fekry; I am a researcher in translation studies at the university of Manchester.I work with Professor Mona Baker.I am also an executive member of the International Association of Transaltion and Intercultural Studies( IATIS). As a first step for cooperation with IATIS I am attaching two leaflets: one about IATIS itself and the other is about the international conference on Translation and the Construction of Identity to be held in August 2004. I hope that you would post these leaflets in your mailing list, so that any Arab translation scholar in the list might be interested in participating in the conference.

Would you please add my name to the mailing list; I am interested in following the discussions going on.

Thanks very much for your cooperation, and I look forward to further cooperation

Sameh Fekry

Centre for Translation and Intercultural Studies
School of Modern Languages
University of Manchester

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Thearabicdictionary/message/251

[Edited at 2003-07-14 23:03]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Egypt Jul 16, 2003

العزيز جدا عامر العظم. شعرت حين قرأت رسالتك وكأنى واحدة من فرسان الملك آرثر. وها أنا البى نداؤك النبيل. مزيد من التفاصيل سوف ابعث بها بعد الاتصال بمجموعتى التى سوف يسرها كثيرا هذه المبادرة المشرقة التى أعادت لى أمل كدت أفقده. حياك الله وسدد خطاك وحفظك من الفيروسات.
Dear Amer,
... See more
العزيز جدا عامر العظم. شعرت حين قرأت رسالتك وكأنى واحدة من فرسان الملك آرثر. وها أنا البى نداؤك النبيل. مزيد من التفاصيل سوف ابعث بها بعد الاتصال بمجموعتى التى سوف يسرها كثيرا هذه المبادرة المشرقة التى أعادت لى أمل كدت أفقده. حياك الله وسدد خطاك وحفظك من الفيروسات.
Dear Amer,
We are a group of Egyptian translators affiliated to Pen Egypt. We serve on the Translation committee. We have only just started our project and are now a bit scattered because of the summer recess but come September we'll be back at work. Your initiative will give us a lot of energy. I am, as I told Walaa, delighted, elated, absolutely energized. Thank you.
Somaya Y. Ramadan

يا هلا بالفارسة المصرية:)

[Edited at 2003-07-16 17:04]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Jordan Jul 16, 2003

Dear Mr. Amer Al-Azem,

It gives me great pleasure to reply your message. I am sorry I couldn't write too you any earlier. Indeed, IU was very much busy during the last few months.
First, let me introduce myself. I am Abdullah Shunnaq( Professor of Translation at Yarmouk University in Jordan, Founder and President of the Jordanian Translators' Association since 1993,a founder and an executive member in The Arab Translators' Federation in Beirut 2001,owner of Dar Al-Hilal for
... See more
Dear Mr. Amer Al-Azem,

It gives me great pleasure to reply your message. I am sorry I couldn't write too you any earlier. Indeed, IU was very much busy during the last few months.
First, let me introduce myself. I am Abdullah Shunnaq( Professor of Translation at Yarmouk University in Jordan, Founder and President of the Jordanian Translators' Association since 1993,a founder and an executive member in The Arab Translators' Federation in Beirut 2001,owner of Dar Al-Hilal for Translation and Publication " established in 1995" in Jordan, a holder of M.A. and Ph.D. in Translation & Linguistics from Manchester University in U.K. in 1989, supervised and examined about 80 M.A. and Ph.D. Thesis in Translation and Linguistics during the last 13 years, also translated , wrote, and edited more than 50 articles and books on translation).
Indeed, I am very pleased with your initiatives> I am more than willing to help in the International Arab Translators' Association.
Please include my name as one of the founders of this interesting organization and as a consultant.
Looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Sincerely,

Dr. Abdullah Shunnaq (Ph.D.)
Prof. of Translation at Yarmouk University and President of the Jordanian Translators' Association.
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Morocco Jul 16, 2003

Dear Walaa El Gharbawi
Glossaries Coordinator

Thank you very much for the invitation. I really feel proud to communicate and work with you.
Best regards
Mohamed Said Raihani
http://www.raihani.cjb.net

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Egypt Jul 17, 2003

"إلى الأمام"

الأخوة الأعزاء في رابطة المترجمين العرب ..

تحياتي ، وقلوبنا وجهدنا معكم . أقترح تسمية الرابطة " رابطة الترجمة العربية " وليس المترجمين ، لأن الترجمة هي الهدف والرسالة ، أما المترجمون فهم أفراد ، يتناقصون ، ويكثرون .
على استعداد لتلقي اقتراحاتكم ،
... See more
"إلى الأمام"

الأخوة الأعزاء في رابطة المترجمين العرب ..

تحياتي ، وقلوبنا وجهدنا معكم . أقترح تسمية الرابطة " رابطة الترجمة العربية " وليس المترجمين ، لأن الترجمة هي الهدف والرسالة ، أما المترجمون فهم أفراد ، يتناقصون ، ويكثرون .
على استعداد لتلقي اقتراحاتكم ، وإبداء أي رأي .
د . أحمد الخميسي ( دكتوراه في الأدب الروسي ) مترجم عدة مكتب من الروسية إلي العربية .
------------

أشكرك على مشاعرك النبيلة وأهلا بك و بمساهماتك . أما بالنسبة للتسمية فقد سبق السيف العذل!:(

[Edited at 2003-07-20 08:29]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of UAE Jul 18, 2003

Dear Walaa,

Thanks so much for your e-mail. In fact, as I have told My friend Mr Amer Alazem , I have a number of glossaries that are ready to be included in any future dictionary or encyclopedia. These are the product of years of work in the field of scientific translation. The total number of pages may come to 35-40 three column pages. They are avialable in hard copies. If you give me a postal address, I will send them to you.

If my contribution is needed in t
... See more
Dear Walaa,

Thanks so much for your e-mail. In fact, as I have told My friend Mr Amer Alazem , I have a number of glossaries that are ready to be included in any future dictionary or encyclopedia. These are the product of years of work in the field of scientific translation. The total number of pages may come to 35-40 three column pages. They are avialable in hard copies. If you give me a postal address, I will send them to you.

If my contribution is needed in the work you are now coordinating, I will gladly and quickly respond.

Prof. Taher Badinjki

Ittihad University

United Arab Emirates

[Edited at 2003-07-18 13:39]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Syria Jul 19, 2003

السلام عليكم :
كيف الصحة انشاء الله يارب تكون بألف خير
ما بتتصور كم كانت سعادتي كبيرة لما شفت الدعوة للانضمام للياهو , و على فكرة أنا كنت دايما أتابعك على موقع البروز و احب اني اعرف اخبار الجمعية و بالتالي اخبارك لأني صرت بعرف أنو الجمعية صارت جزء منك .
و الحمد لله ال�
... See more
السلام عليكم :
كيف الصحة انشاء الله يارب تكون بألف خير
ما بتتصور كم كانت سعادتي كبيرة لما شفت الدعوة للانضمام للياهو , و على فكرة أنا كنت دايما أتابعك على موقع البروز و احب اني اعرف اخبار الجمعية و بالتالي اخبارك لأني صرت بعرف أنو الجمعية صارت جزء منك .
و الحمد لله العمل فيها ماشي بشكل ممتاز

بتمنالك التوفيق دايما و بتمنى اني اسمع دائما اخبارك
دير بالك على حالك
ديانا
----------
مشاعر نبيلة. أشكرك.

[Edited at 2003-07-19 21:18]
Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message of Egypt Jul 25, 2003

عزيزى عامر

اننى اتابع عن كثب جهودكم فى سبيل إنشاء الجمعية الدولية للمترجمين العرب واننى لسعيد جدا وفى غاية الخجل من عدم اشتراكى فى الجهود ليس موقفا سلبيا ولكن لانشغالى الدائم .وانت تعلم تماما ظروف الحياة ومشقاتها حيث كنت اتحدث معكم حينما كنتم بالسعودية.
واتمنى ان
... See more
عزيزى عامر

اننى اتابع عن كثب جهودكم فى سبيل إنشاء الجمعية الدولية للمترجمين العرب واننى لسعيد جدا وفى غاية الخجل من عدم اشتراكى فى الجهود ليس موقفا سلبيا ولكن لانشغالى الدائم .وانت تعلم تماما ظروف الحياة ومشقاتها حيث كنت اتحدث معكم حينما كنتم بالسعودية.
واتمنى ان أشترك معكم واننى اضع نفسى تحت رايتكم ورهن إشارتكم وأرغب منكم تكليفى بأى عمل ترونه مناسبا للقيام به.
أخوكم
مجدى
------------
لا تسألني عن الحياة و شقاوتها!:)

[Edited at 2003-07-25 00:00]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WATA's Historic Journey

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »