Ahmed Abdel-hady
Ahmed Abdel-hady
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 29, 2003

Dear All,

I always said that IATA site is a major task. IATA itself is a huge task. We are always been reminded by Amer that we are making history. In fact we are!

But since we all are volunteers and that we do other things along with IATA, there is limited time that we may contribute. So far I only received few responses with regards support to IATA website. In fact I got a better than that! A dedicated webmaster who is willing to do the job for us. I
... See more
Dear All,

I always said that IATA site is a major task. IATA itself is a huge task. We are always been reminded by Amer that we are making history. In fact we are!

But since we all are volunteers and that we do other things along with IATA, there is limited time that we may contribute. So far I only received few responses with regards support to IATA website. In fact I got a better than that! A dedicated webmaster who is willing to do the job for us. I

appreciate her enthusiasm and I am indeed waiting for her response.

The English Proverb says: \"If you fail to plan, You plan to fail\". We need to have a plan, a strategic one. We don\'t want to be failures and we are eager to succeed. But to succeed we need to have time and effort. Why

sould we hurry to produce an imperfect site or work in general? Why the rush?

We are capable to produce it as volunteers, and being a volunteer myself, I assign sometime for the project. If anyone is capable of helping us, he/she is always welcome.

At this point I am waiting for the first site outcome. As soon as i have looked at and passed unto members we will embark upon proceeding. We don\'t want the project to be a one-off and therefore a failure! we want it to continue and develop.

I ask apology for not being around as i was involved on an academic conference, and again left my messenger on.

All the best and I look forward to a fruitful cooperation.

wassalamu alikum

Dr. Ahmed Abdel-Hady

[addsig]
Collapse

Hanan Soliman
Hanan Soliman
Egypt
Local time: 00:19
English to Arabic
+ ...
i want to work with you Oct 17, 2003

Ahmed Abdel-hady wrote:

Dear All,

appreciate her enthusiasm and I am indeed waiting for her response.

The English Proverb says: "If you fail to plan, You plan to fail". We need to have a plan, a strategic one. We don't want to be failures and we are eager to succeed. But to succeed we need to have time and effort. Why
sould we hurry to produce an imperfect site or work in general? Why the rush?

We are capable to produce it as volunteers, and being a volunteer myself, I assign sometime for the project. If anyone is capable of helping us, he/she is always welcome.

At this point I am waiting for the first site outcome. As soon as i have looked at and passed unto members we will embark upon proceeding. We don't want the project to be a one-off and therefore a failure! we want it to continue and develop.

I ask apology for not being around as i was involved on an academic conference, and again left my messenger on.

All the best and I look forward to a fruitful cooperation.

wassalamu alikum

Dr. Ahmed Abdel-Hady

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IATA Website

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »