Contract: Should I be able to provide one?
Thread poster: Alan Campbell

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:54
Russian to English
+ ...
May 12, 2003

Hello

I\'ve had a mail from a potential client who wishes to employ my translation services for a trial period of two months, and has asked me to provide a contract. Should I be able to provide such a thing? If so, what should be included? Is there any model contract available that could be tailored to my needs? I thought that it was generally the client who drew up the contracts. That\'s certainly been the case in any other client work I\'ve done.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Alan Campbell

Direct link Reply with quote

Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:54
English to German
+ ...
Model contract May 12, 2003

Hi Alan,

I think a contract should generally be suited to national law and be thoroughly reviewd by a lawyer or someone who has some good understanding of national (and/or international) law.

However, you can find a model contract on ATA\'s webpage

http://www.atanet.org/model_contract.htm

I think, this is a good starting point, but you should definitely customize it to your needs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sonja

shule  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sample Translation Agreement May 12, 2003

Here is one:

http://www.royfc.com/roy_contract.html

Hope it helps.

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
ITI & IOL ? May 16, 2003

In addition to the suggestions already made, I believe the above organizations offer advice (about) and standard contracts - I\'m not sure about the details of whether samples would be free to members or modestly priced, but it might be worth enquiring, and they would certainly give advice (isn\'t the ITI \"yours\" )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contract: Should I be able to provide one?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search