Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:36
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2003

Hourly or per diem.
I'm asking on behalf of an EFL expert in the U.K. who normally works with/through a company in Cambridge with groups.
A mutual acquaintance in Germany has asked her for 2 weeks' worth of total immersion training - individually.
My friend in the U.K. wants to be reasonable and is trying to find a "bandwidth." I said she should charge the fee she needs in order to feel comfortable, but doing a little research is also a good idea. Hence my question.

Thank you for your replies so far. A bit more info: our German friend wants room and board with my U.K. friend (okay), about 3-4 hours of "lessons" a day, plus outings. My role in this seems to be moral support for my U.K. friend. I will also check out the "what do you do about 'friends'?" thread, as I imagine it is related. (My tack is to quote astronomical prices.)

[Edited at 2003-07-17 16:08]

Kaname
Local time: 11:36
English to Japanese
+ ...
It depends on where you are but Jul 17, 2003

in Japan lessons go anywhere from 2500yen and hour to 5000yen an hour

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:36
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Total immersion for France Jul 17, 2003

In my experience, for private tuition, total immersion in France, prices begin at 30 Euros per hour, however I believe the average is around 40 Euros per hour.

Nina Snoj
Slovenia
Member (2004)
Spanish to Slovenian
+ ...
In Spain.. Jul 17, 2003

English teaching is paid per hour and company classes start at 25 or 30 €.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on pricing English as a foreign language lessons

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search