Thread poster: Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:42
English to Greek
+ ...
Feb 25, 2002

I am new to proz but would like to know what happens when answers are not chosen by askers. Are askers under any obligation to choose answers?

Am enjoying working on this site.

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 22:42
English to Italian
+ ...
Welcome to Proz.com Feb 25, 2002

I have been on this site for over two years (or even more) and am co-moderator EN>IT.

Askers are only under a moral obligation to select a winning answer; no other restrictions to their participation is being implemented right now. As a moderator, I try to invite askers to close questions as a way to give feedback, thankyous and points to the people who helped them in their moment of need )

But some people just refuse or forget,
... See more
I have been on this site for over two years (or even more) and am co-moderator EN>IT.

Askers are only under a moral obligation to select a winning answer; no other restrictions to their participation is being implemented right now. As a moderator, I try to invite askers to close questions as a way to give feedback, thankyous and points to the people who helped them in their moment of need )

But some people just refuse or forget, or just don\'t think that it is important. Another way to \"close\" questions is by peer voting the answers that they think are the best. The peer gets points for agreeing or disagreeing with answers and the question with the more agrees is graded automatically by the system, after a certain period of time.

Hope this helps. Happy stay with Proz.com.

paola l m

Collapse

Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thankyou Feb 25, 2002

Many thanks for this. You have satisfied my curiosity.

Margaret Lagoyianni
Margaret Lagoyianni
United Kingdom
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
answers chosen by asker Mar 2, 2002

Further to the above over the past 3 days only 2 of the 19 Gk>En, En>GR answers have been selected in contrast to 10 out of 28 Fr>En. That makes approx 10% in Greek and 33% in French. Would these statistics reflect the same pattern in other languages?

Just Curious!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Answers being chosen by asker.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »