Trados Freelance 6.5 : how to get discounts ?
Thread poster: Mardouk

Mardouk
Local time: 10:33
English to French
+ ...
Jan 15, 2004

Hi everybody,

I plan to buy Trados Freelance 6.5, but I find the full license price quite expensive : 895 dollars or euros.

I've heard that freelancers can sometimes get special discounts for bulk purchases.
I've just visited the Trados site but there is no information about this kind of discounts.

Do you have more information about it or any plan to get discounts for Trados Freelance 6.5 ?

Thanks a lot !


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:33
Member
German to English
+ ...
Translator Group Buying Jan 15, 2004

Try this http://www.translatorGroupBuying.com

It's run in affiliation with ProZ.com and offers reduced rates for group buys. But there are time limits on each buy and they are not always available.

HTH

Mary


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mardouk
Local time: 10:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great Jan 15, 2004

Mary Worby wrote:

Try this http://www.translatorGroupBuying.com

It's run in affiliation with ProZ.com and offers reduced rates for group buys. But there are time limits on each buy and they are not always available.

HTH

Mary


Thanks a lot !


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jennifer Thomas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:33
French to English
You've only just missed out! Jan 16, 2004

You're just a couple of weeks late. They ran a group buy last month, which was 605 $/€ for Trados 6.5 freelance, with MultiTerm 2000 and 3 months Proz platinum membership thrown in. I know because I bought it

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if you go to the translationzone website, you can download the demo which gives you restricted usage free of charge, so that you can try it out before you buy. I used the free demo for months, and it became indispensable, but the restrictions got to be a pain and so I took the plunge. Get used to it on the demo, and keep your eye out for the next group buy - I'm sure it won't be long...

[Edited at 2004-01-16 17:10]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 09:33
English to Danish
+ ...
Try direct buy instead - same place Jan 17, 2004

I was also too late for the group offer, but I clicked on the direct buy instead and I got a discount of 250 Euro. So thats is 645 Euro which is not so much higher than the group offer.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mardouk
Local time: 10:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ! Jan 19, 2004

Jennifer Thomas wrote:

You\'re just a couple of weeks late. They ran a group buy last month, which was 605 $/€ for Trados 6.5 freelance, with MultiTerm 2000 and 3 months Proz platinum membership thrown in. I know because I bought it

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if you go to the translationzone website, you can download the demo which gives you restricted usage free of charge, so that you can try it out before you buy. I used the free demo for months, and it became indispensable, but the restrictions got to be a pain and so I took the plunge. Get used to it on the demo, and keep your eye out for the next group buy - I\'m sure it won\'t be long...

[Edited at 2004-01-16 17:10]


Thanks a lot, Jennifer, for your help.
I have 2 questions :

1 - Do you know how often they offer group buy ? Every month, every quarter, or less than that ? I am looking forward for the next one...
2 - Can you actually work with the demo version ? I ask this, because I could use this demo while waiting for the next group buy.

Thanks a lot.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mardouk
Local time: 10:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cheers ! Jan 19, 2004

Anne Seerup wrote:

I was also too late for the group offer, but I clicked on the direct buy instead and I got a discount of 250 Euro. So thats is 645 Euro which is not so much higher than the group offer.



Cheers Anne,

Strangely enough, the price for a direct buy is not 645 Euro but 845 Euro on the site.
Check at this address : http://www.trados.com/offer/prz/ProZSpecial.html

Thanks anyway !

[Edited at 2004-01-19 12:36]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Anne Seerup
Ireland
Local time: 09:33
English to Danish
+ ...
Strange Jan 19, 2004

The same applied when I ordered my Trados last week, without noticing that the offer had ended at TGB.
I clicked on direct buy (645 euro) and was also directed to Trados.com
When I proceeded with my purchase anyway, Euro 250 had been deducted from the total price of Euro 895 on my order confirmation, despite of the information on Trados.com.
I must say it is confusing, as TGB states that the offer has ended over a month ago.

Mardouk wrote:

Anne Seerup wrote:

I was also too late for the group offer, but I clicked on the direct buy instead and I got a discount of 250 Euro. So thats is 645 Euro which is not so much higher than the group offer.



Cheers Anne,

Strangely enough, the price for a direct buy is not 645 Euro but 845 Euro on the site.
Check at this address : http://www.trados.com/offer/prz/ProZSpecial.html

Thanks anyway !

[Edited at 2004-01-19 12:36]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Freelance 6.5 : how to get discounts ?

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search