Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2004

Hello all,

I am looking to focus on translating marketing material and public relations communications, and would appreciate any advice on establishing collaborations with professionals in the fields of copywriting and graphic/website design. Most of my work targets the ever-growing Spanish-speaking population in the U.S.

I have mostly handled marketing material through translation agencies, but recently had a chance to collaborate with a graphic design firm in need of
... See more
Hello all,

I am looking to focus on translating marketing material and public relations communications, and would appreciate any advice on establishing collaborations with professionals in the fields of copywriting and graphic/website design. Most of my work targets the ever-growing Spanish-speaking population in the U.S.

I have mostly handled marketing material through translation agencies, but recently had a chance to collaborate with a graphic design firm in need of bilingual copy for a project. I learned a few valuable lessons from the experience, i.e. the need to educate the client on matters of workflow and the need to educate myself as far as budgeting for all steps through final proofreading of the collateral piece.

I am eager to look into potential partnerships with other communications professionals, but I need advice on what approach would work best, considering the people I am looking to contact may never have thought of the benefit of being associated with a translator.

Any pointers concerning the logistics of such an association will be greatly appreciated, including software recommendations to be able to support the most common formats used in advertising and graphic design.

Many thanks in advance.

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2004-03-23 06:27]
Collapse

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
anyone? Mar 25, 2004

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Ever thought of working with a newsroom? Mar 26, 2004

You know the type, AFP, Reuters, EFE. Some of them have PR components, and the smaller ones "do" the corporate markets. Who prepares the stockholders' newsletter for guys like Repsol, BSCH, etc., or the in-flight corporate magazines you read on the bigger airlines? The newsletters themselves usually have a box where the company involved is advertised.

One good exercise I went through was to track down old friends from Journalism and see where they ended up...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking advice on establishing partnerships with communications/design firms

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »