Translation agencies
Thread poster: Pedro Serra

Pedro Serra  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:45
English to Portuguese
Oct 11, 2011

Hi everyone,

My name is Pedro Serra. I've been a translator for a about 3 years now. Even though I have an above average English knowledge, I do not have a certification or any kind of document that testifies it (currently on a Wall Street school to get that "certification"). I do have an excellent recommendation letter from the agency I'm working with.
So the thing is: I want to leave my country (Portugal) in about a year. I've finished my masters and I've left this year to fulfill some personal projects and, mainly, to save up. I've been sending CVs for about two weeks now. I'm considering any translation agency.
My questions are:
1. Have you used the "Applications" section on ProZ? What's the average for an answer? What's the frequency of update of the list?
2. I found the agency I've been working with through one of my university departments. They (the agency) were looking for part-time workers (students). I've read, somewhere in the forum, that there are more companies who specifically target students as their workers. Do you happen to know where I can learn more about these companies?

Pedro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation agencies

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search