Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra
Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 13, 2002

Hello all! I would like to know what is considered a good salary for an in-house full time translator in the United States.

Thanks!

Rufino

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:00
Member (2005)
German to English
My take on it Apr 16, 2002

While I cannot answer directly as I have never been an in-house translator, I can tell you that there will be a WIDE variation depending on your location.

For instance, if you are in New York City, you would expect to be paid far more than if your location is Little Rock, Arkansas.

As there is no government tariff specifying the salaries, you are on your own for negotiating your best deal.

Good luck.

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
German to English
+ ...
Benefits are important, too. Apr 17, 2002

Keep in mind that in the US the benefit package should be considered, too, because things like health insurance and vacation time can vary a lot. You might want to take a less well-paying job with great benefits over a more highly paid job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Salary in the US

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »