https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/25070-switch_to_freelancer_after_20_years.html

Switch to freelancer after 20 years
Thread poster: Huicheng (X)
Huicheng (X)
Huicheng (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 27, 2004

I have been translating in-house for 20 years. I have switched to freelancer and now I am seeking international partners the the Internet. Please give me some suggestions and advice.Thank you.

E.LA
E.LA
Spanish to German
+ ...
Do your own marketing Nov 3, 2004

I am not sure if I understood your problem. You start as a freelancer, that means you are your own enterprise and that means you have to do your own marketing.
You can publish your service on internet, in newspapers etc. etc. or you can write letters to agencies or potential clients, offering your service, that means translation.
You can go to certain institutions and clubs where you think they may need your skills.
Anyway, you have to move around and get yourself known.
... See more
I am not sure if I understood your problem. You start as a freelancer, that means you are your own enterprise and that means you have to do your own marketing.
You can publish your service on internet, in newspapers etc. etc. or you can write letters to agencies or potential clients, offering your service, that means translation.
You can go to certain institutions and clubs where you think they may need your skills.
Anyway, you have to move around and get yourself known.
So what is your concrete problem? That is part of being a freelancer. At least in the beginning. After a while, firms will call you up, then and only then you can sit at home and wait...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Switch to freelancer after 20 years

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »