How much should I charge?
Thread poster: Emilienne
Emilienne
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:37
English to French
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

I am a French/English translator new to Freelance work and am wondering how much to charge for Scientific/Medical/Technical translation work. Could anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Direct link Reply with quote

Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:37
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Statistical data Jan 14, 2005

Hi Emilienne,

You may like to check some statistics for your language pairs. From the menu Jobs select Rates and you should be able to see average rates entered by prozians working in your language pairs. To see the average rates you first need to enter your rates in your profile - you can then change them as you like during first week period, later thay can be adjusted only once for 3 months.

This statistics might be a good starting point for setting up your rates.

Magda

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Print out the information Jan 14, 2005

10 browniz are deducted for consulting rates.

Remember that the first time you enter your rates, you can correct them ONCE. The next correction/revision will have to wait 3 months after.

Sarah Ferrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
rates tool Jan 14, 2005

Emilienne wrote:

I am a French/English translator new to Freelance work and am wondering how much to charge for Scientific/Medical/Technical translation work. Could anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Hi, there is an interesting rates tool available from the Translator Toolkit newsletter. Sign up at www.translatortoolkit.com/signup.htm

It gives you another way of working out your rates per word, based on how much you actually need to earn in order to live and your productivity.

Emilienne
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:37
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 15, 2005

Many thanks to all of you who got back to me with advice on rates.

Sandrine (Emilienne)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much should I charge?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search