https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/51468-anyone_heard_of_luxembourg_soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9_de_portage_solexter.html

Anyone heard of Luxembourg société de portage "Solexter"?
Thread poster: Amanda Grey
Amanda Grey
Amanda Grey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:05
French to English
Jul 17, 2006

I just received this e-mail today. Internet research shows that they have existed only since about January 2006, and their website consists of a single page telling about how attractive they are. I also found one enthusiastic testimony on a chat site by someone who has been with them for six months and claims a 68% increase in his take-home pay. Has anyone heard of them, experienced them, and is this really legit? It seems too good to be true. I know from my lengthy discussions with the Fre... See more
I just received this e-mail today. Internet research shows that they have existed only since about January 2006, and their website consists of a single page telling about how attractive they are. I also found one enthusiastic testimony on a chat site by someone who has been with them for six months and claims a 68% increase in his take-home pay. Has anyone heard of them, experienced them, and is this really legit? It seems too good to be true. I know from my lengthy discussions with the French tax people that they just barely tolerate the French sociétés de portage, I can't even imagine convincing them to accept a Luxembourg one...here's the e-mail:

Vous développez votre activité de consultant de manière autonome, en tant qu’
indépendant ou affilié à une société de portage.
Notre société de conseil établie à Luxembourg vous propose une solution de
portage pour optimiser vos revenus (+25%) et la mise en place d’outils
personnalisés.
Nos prestations basées sur un CDI vous apportent notamment le bénéfice des
conditions fiscales et sociales luxembourgeoises, dans le strict respect du
règlement communautaire.
N’hésitez pas à nous contacter pour vous préciser notre offre.
[email protected]_ (mailto:[email protected])
tel 00 352 26 50 36 72

[Edited at 2006-07-17 15:07]
Collapse

Andreas THEODOROU
Andreas THEODOROU  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:05
Greek to English
+ ...
hello Aug 4, 2006

The lack of a website makes me twitchy.

And the mention of CDI makes me think that there's a lengthy
period that you have to commit to.

Perhaps there is a trade association for sociétés de portage, as in France?

I think it's too good to be true. And thre cuold be complications with the French tax authorities.

Keep us posted through !!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone heard of Luxembourg société de portage "Solexter"?

Translation news

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »