https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/8047-any_experiences_working_for_babelfishcom.html

any experiences working for babelfish.com?
Thread poster: Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2003

I am considering signing up as a translator on the roster for babelfish.com. Any good or bad experiences by any of you? Thanks in advance for any input.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-27 23:11]

Mary Watson
Mary Watson  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
German to English
+ ...
Babelfish Feb 11, 2003

I replied to an ad for them for a Spanish to English position a few months ago. They asked me to do a test translation for them for a video game guide. Against my better judgment, I did this test, even though it was pretty long. I received a reply saying that I had failed the test. I asked for a copy of my results and was told my test had been farmed out and they couldn\'t get it back. I pursued this a number of times and each time got a nasty reply that I had already been told that the tes... See more
I replied to an ad for them for a Spanish to English position a few months ago. They asked me to do a test translation for them for a video game guide. Against my better judgment, I did this test, even though it was pretty long. I received a reply saying that I had failed the test. I asked for a copy of my results and was told my test had been farmed out and they couldn\'t get it back. I pursued this a number of times and each time got a nasty reply that I had already been told that the test result was unavailable.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

any experiences working for babelfish.com?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »