What specializations are most in demand (for Spanish-English)?
Thread poster: Maria Velez
Maria Velez
Maria Velez
Local time: 07:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2007

Hello

I would like to know which are the most in-demand specializations in translation right now for SpanishEnglish. Thank you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-06 10:10]

Vadim Pogulyaev
Vadim Pogulyaev  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:29
Member (2007)
English to Russian
hm Sep 6, 2007

try spanish forum=)

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Legal Sep 6, 2007

I have only a narrow, local point of view, but from here there is always a big demand for legal documents. I do a lot of Mexican documents into English and US documents into Spanish. From what I see many colleagues also do a lot of legal documents one way or the other from different origins.

This also involves a specialization in countries since legal systems vary so much. For instance, although I do not have any great problems translating a Puerto Rican document into English, but d
... See more
I have only a narrow, local point of view, but from here there is always a big demand for legal documents. I do a lot of Mexican documents into English and US documents into Spanish. From what I see many colleagues also do a lot of legal documents one way or the other from different origins.

This also involves a specialization in countries since legal systems vary so much. For instance, although I do not have any great problems translating a Puerto Rican document into English, but don't even ask me to translate an English language document for Puerto Rico. The language used there has little similarity to that used in Mexico or other Latin American countries.
Collapse

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:29
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
What Henry said Nov 19, 2007

plus also business and technical

I'm guessing that these would be the top 3 anywhere

LAURA TAPIA ESCOBAR
LAURA TAPIA ESCOBAR  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
PATENTS Nov 28, 2007

What about medicine? Patents?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What specializations are most in demand (for Spanish-English)?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »