https://www.proz.com/forum/being_independent/87349-how_can_i_become_a_certified_translator_editor_in_egypt.html

How can I become a certified translator/editor in Egypt?
Thread poster: Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
Arabic to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2007

I have been translating stuff for over 10 years now and decided to become a freelancer since I am now a stay-home mom... so I want to be come certified as a translator... does anyone know how????

Please help!!

Thanks..

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-23 08:19]

Amira El-Wattar
Amira El-Wattar  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why are there no answers? Oct 25, 2007

Is everyone in Egypt not certified???????

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 10:19]

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Possible answer Oct 25, 2007

amira_work wrote:

Is everyone in Egypt not certified?

Hi Amira,

Maybe no certified translator read this thread. Or maybe some did, but they haven’t had the time to answer. If no-one answers your question here, I would suggest you to ask for help in the Arabic forum.

[Edited at 2007-10-25 10:20]

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:11
English to Arabic
+ ...
Agree with suggestion to post on "Arabic" forum Nov 1, 2007

amira_work wrote:

Is everyone in Egypt not certified???????

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-25 10:19]

Hi Amira,

I'm Egyptian but I don't live in Egypt, but as far as I know the issue of becoming a certified translator in Egypt is far from straightforward - there is a new association which supposedly certifies translators, but how well established that is and how credible that association is, is something I can't help you with. If you post your query in the "Arabic" forum, I'm sure there are a lot more people there who can help you.

HebanSoliman
HebanSoliman
Egypt
Did you pursuit your goal after those years? Dec 23, 2015

Hi Amira,
I know that my reply here seems like the time machine but I realy want to know what did you end up with so far after those years,did you become certified?if yes,then how?since I am currently in your very beginning position being translating staff in the company I was working for as part of my job as PA for Chairman for12 years and had to leave in order to be able to take care of the kids and I realy need to work from home,that's why I am asking your guidance.
Thank you an
... See more
Hi Amira,
I know that my reply here seems like the time machine but I realy want to know what did you end up with so far after those years,did you become certified?if yes,then how?since I am currently in your very beginning position being translating staff in the company I was working for as part of my job as PA for Chairman for12 years and had to leave in order to be able to take care of the kids and I realy need to work from home,that's why I am asking your guidance.
Thank you anyway.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I become a certified translator/editor in Egypt?

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »