Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Off topic: more projects and more troubles....
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 17:00
English to German
+ ...
Jan 25, 2008

each time when I wish to take a 2 week off for a shore I get so many projects and linked troubles, does it happen to you as well. I wish to go on a holiday and untroubled . Brandis. How to avoid this syndrom, it becomes a professional habit of not letting to go a customer dissatisfied because you are on a holiday mood, and continue and welll.... it continues. ...this is a terrible situation. then they do not pay promptly and there are somany politics involved this and that and always something n... See more
each time when I wish to take a 2 week off for a shore I get so many projects and linked troubles, does it happen to you as well. I wish to go on a holiday and untroubled . Brandis. How to avoid this syndrom, it becomes a professional habit of not letting to go a customer dissatisfied because you are on a holiday mood, and continue and welll.... it continues. ...this is a terrible situation. then they do not pay promptly and there are somany politics involved this and that and always something new and unwanted. why do I have to get a €5000 project just before x-mas and why is the customer in such a bad mood right after new year adn creates obviously stupid troubles. .... all good and ill devilish views that provide insight are welcome. infact my daughter came on a two week visit, could spend only a week and got tired of seeing me banging all the time on fhe keyboard. I feel sorry for that, she is also now a proz.,com member. that is funny...

[Edited at 2008-01-25 21:26]
Collapse

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:00
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
A vacation notification Jan 25, 2008

Usually works wonders. Provided it is decipherable.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
gap is necessary.. Jan 25, 2008

nicole is right. -the written wasmeant phoneticalll. brandsi

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:00
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Couldn't agree more Jan 25, 2008

Nicole Schnell wrote:

Usually works wonders. Provided it is decipherable.

Always works wonders IME.

Encryption good idea IMO, but cipher can be key.

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
The mind boggles Jan 25, 2008

And I thought elephants were thick-skinned.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed elephants are thick skinned. Jan 26, 2008

Finally I have finishing the final editing of my first book on beginner´s guide to trados covering 6.5.5, 7.0, 7.1 and 2006. Total number of pages with pics etc., is about 101. Now our group is translating into 5 languages. Who said elephants are not thick skinned. Brandis

Deborah do Carmo
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sounds gripping ... Jan 26, 2008

Brandis wrote:

Finally I have finishing the final editing of my first book on beginner´s guide to trados covering 6.5.5, 7.0, 7.1 and 2006. Total number of pages with pics etc., is about 101. Now our group is translating into 5 languages. Who said elephants are not thick skinned. Brandis

... a must-read, indeed. Any chance of a sneak preview? Will you offer you proz colleagues a discount? Maybe we can organise a group buy.

PS: Just hope the editor was paid handsomely for his/her efforts.

[Edited at 2008-01-26 08:42]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
NÖ... Jan 26, 2008

Lawyer-Linguist wrote:

Brandis wrote:

... a must-read, indeed.

Just hope the editor was paid handsomely for his/her efforts.

iNFACT HE PAYS ME. Gets however some royalty and his name will also be published along with other translators that had helped compile the book and translate it. Brandis

Deborah do Carmo
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
More fool him Jan 26, 2008

Brandis wrote:

iNFACT HE PAYS ME.

Best of luck with your endeavour in any event.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
He is actually a colleague... Jan 26, 2008

Lawyer-Linguist wrote:

Brandis wrote:

iNFACT HE PAYS ME.

Best of luck with your endeavour in any event.
and does it for our team and participates in the earning, that is all. No one is fooling anyone. Need to get new batteries for the keyboard I guess. Brandis

[Edited at 2008-01-26 10:52]

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Thank goodness Jan 26, 2008

I haven't fallen for all the sales pitches to buy Trados, if that's an indication of their quality assurance procedures.
I'll stick with their T-shirt I won at the Budapest conference!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This has nothing to do with Trados company Jan 26, 2008

Russell Jones wrote:

I haven't fallen for all the sales pitches to buy Trados, if that's an indication of their quality assurance procedures.
I'll stick with their T-shirt I won at the Budapest conference!
. This is a self developed tutorial. Brandis

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
All roads lead to Rome Jan 26, 2008

Why is it that so many of these threads mysteriously drift off course and become Trados moans?

I'm baffled

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

more projects and more troubles....

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »