rate for urgent subtitling of 1 1/2 movie
Thread poster: xxxlauren herme
xxxlauren herme  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2003

Hi everyone,

I just got an offer to translate subtitles for an hour and a half long movie, this weekend. I\'d have basically Saturday and Sunday to do it. There are approx. 800 2 line subtitles. Does anyone have a point of reference of how much I should charge for this translation here in Spain?

Thank you,

Lauren Hermele

Direct link Reply with quote

OlafK
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:23
English to German
+ ...
Depends Mar 21, 2003

Prices in Spain are lower than here in the UK. Are you sure every subtitle has two lines? I would go for something between 6 and 7 EUR per minute or between 0.65 and 0.70 EUR per subtitle.

C Greene  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:23
English to French
+ ...
This might help you... Mar 21, 2003

Hello Lauren,

I think you\'ll probably find that as a rule... there is no rule !

I do a fair bit of subtitling for an agency that pays US$ 300 per video hour - I know however that they are really, really exceptional. I guess the usual rate is about 140/160 per video hour; some other agencies pay by video minute, by subtitle or by video meter (!!)

The following topic is quite interesting - hope this helps you a little and have a nice week-end

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=39376#39376

Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:23
French to Spanish
+ ...
Precios... Mar 21, 2003

Hola, Lauren. Me especializo en traducción para subtitulaje. Primera pregunta: ¿qué tienes que hacer? ¿La traducción textual en Word, o el proceso completo que es traducir, tomar tiempos y adpatar?

En este caso, y tratándose de un trabajo urgente, no menos de 3 dólares por minuto de la película, de la primera a la última imagen, haya o no haya diálogos.

Mucha suerte. Te recomiendo que te pongas en contacto con una lista de traductores audiovisuales basada en Barcelona y Madrid que te podrían ayudar mucho: trag@yahoogroups

Suerte.

Juan Jacob.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

rate for urgent subtitling of 1 1/2 movie

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search