Standardized translator information form
Thread poster: Jabberwock

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:44
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Apr 13, 2008

I know the issue has been mentioned several times in these forums, but the idea has never got any momentum...

You know the situation: I get approached by a new client, I send in my resume, the client seems properly impressed, but instead of using the info I have already sent, they insist that I fill in their four-page form. There we go again... I am really sick and tired of filling of those fields, yet the client will not budge - they need it in their format as they process it automatically and I do not want to lose a promising client...

Would it not be nice if we (or the agencies, really) agreed on a standard format for translators' data, so they can process it with their tools and we are spared the labor of typing the same information over and over? After all, 95% of required fields are practically the same in each case, it is only a matter of agreeing on the remaining 5%...

Credit: Mariusz Stepien reminded me of this issue at the yesterday's Powwow he organized so nicely...


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Standardized translator information form

Advanced search







Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search