https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/104339-account_types_for_online_payment_personal_or_business_one.html

Account type(s) for online payment - Personal or Business one?
Thread poster: VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO
VIBOL KEO  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:37
Member (2009)
English to Khmer (Central)
May 12, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have still felt that I am junior to providing my services online, and that I have not been aware of many key issues relating to a general business situation development.

I have mostly expected my incomes from freelancing services despite of dreaming of a further business development and of facing some non-paying agencies. This means that I am still in a developing status.

So far, I have considered only personal account(s) regar
... See more
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I have still felt that I am junior to providing my services online, and that I have not been aware of many key issues relating to a general business situation development.

I have mostly expected my incomes from freelancing services despite of dreaming of a further business development and of facing some non-paying agencies. This means that I am still in a developing status.

So far, I have considered only personal account(s) regarding the online payments rather than the business ones among some payment options of the clients' preferences.

Within such a situation, which account type is the best? Or, is my current option appropriate?

Your kind advice and comments on such an issue would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Vibol Keo
Collapse

Language Aide Pvt. Ltd. - Translation & Interpreting Agency
India
Local time: 09:07
English to Hindi
+ ...
Business account is always better May 12, 2008

If you are talking about Paypal Business and Personal account, then Paypal business account is always better because with Paypal Business Account, you will be able to accept the payment done through Paypal via Credit-card, whereas Personal paypal accounts are eligible for accepting money sent through payer's paypal balance.

If you are asking for which banking account you should go for, I would say it depends upon the Bank itself whether they have international banking facilities ava
... See more
If you are talking about Paypal Business and Personal account, then Paypal business account is always better because with Paypal Business Account, you will be able to accept the payment done through Paypal via Credit-card, whereas Personal paypal accounts are eligible for accepting money sent through payer's paypal balance.

If you are asking for which banking account you should go for, I would say it depends upon the Bank itself whether they have international banking facilities available or not.

Whether you choose a saving or a current account, in order to be eligible for receiving money from abroad, you must see that if the bank in itself is eligible for Wire-Transfer, or in other word, if they have their own IBAN no. and/or Swift Code.

Another alternative is: You may also request your client to send you your payment through WUMT (Western Union Money Transfer), provided you must have its branch in your own town/city.

Lots of discussion have already happened before in various forum which you can search and find valuable suggestions from fellow translators and agencies in them.

BR,

Language Aide
Collapse

VIBOL KEO
Member (2009)
TOPIC STARTER
And how about Moneybookers? May 12, 2008

Hi!

Thanks for your info regarding PayPal. However, can you suggest me about Moneybookers?

Thanks and Kind regards,

Oleg Rudavin
Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 06:37
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
One interesting difference with MB May 12, 2008

With a personal account, you won't be charged anything for incoming payments whereas with a business account, it's 3.5% for transactions.

Food for thought...

Cheers,
Oleg

India
Local time: 09:07
English to Hindi
+ ...
About Moneybookers.com May 12, 2008

Apart from just a few instances of sending money through this channel, we have never used Moneybookers for receiving funds from our clients, and therefore I have not much idea about it.

However, you may find the answers to your queries regarding moneybookers at this link:
https://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl

Language Aide

VIBOL KEO
Member (2009)
TOPIC STARTER
Appropriate Criteria for upgrading or change an account type ... May 13, 2008

Hi!

Your comments and suggestions are very interesting for me. Supposing you have had a personal account with MB or PP, what key factors do you consider upgrading or changing your account (i.e. from a personal account to the business one)?

Thanks and Kind regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Account type(s) for online payment - Personal or Business one?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »