E90 Vs Blackberry
Thread poster: Mahmoud Rayyan

Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 14:37
English to Arabic
Aug 7, 2008

Hi all,

Finally after long discussions I decided to buy an advanced phone and I would like to know your opinion concerning both of the two kinds of technology E90 and balackberry, which is the most suitable for internet browsing and keeping up with clients?, which one of them gives the translator alot of benefits in his work?
thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
more economical but effective solutions.. Aug 8, 2008

Hi! try Nokia E64i, this is rim blackberry compatible. You will not be able to use fring or skype or the similar though. Price part is about Euro 250 as against Blackberry models ranging starting Euro 350,- till Euro 600,- BR Brandis

Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Good advice Aug 8, 2008

Thanks Brandis for your advice, I will put it into consideration but the problem is that this E64I is not available in the Middle East, and beside about not to be able to use skype I think it won't be a big deal as long as I can browse my emails and download them via outlook, that is the only feture I care for actually, you know I think I will go to the mobile shop and ask him to advise me about a phone that enables me to browse the internet.
Thanks again
Rayyan

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
sorry there was a typo... Aug 8, 2008

Mahmoud Rayyan wrote:

Thanks Brandis for your advice, I will put it into consideration but the problem is that this E64I is not available in the Middle East, and beside about not to be able to use skype I think it won't be a big deal as long as I can browse my emails and download them via outlook, that is the only feture I care for actually, you know I think I will go to the mobile shop and ask him to advise me about a phone that enables me to browse the internet.
Thanks again
Rayyan
It is E61i. BR Brandis

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:37
German to English
+ ...
Blackberry Curve Aug 8, 2008

Hi Mahmoud,

I have a Blackberry Curve, and I can check e-mails quite easily with it. I also signed up for the international calling plan, so I can make int'l. calls from the US, but not to the US from elsewhere. I don't currently have Internet browsing capability, but I would like to add that feature. Honestly, it seems as if the plans vary quite a bit, so that's what you should check into carefully with your particular provider. In terms of the hardware, I love the Curve - this is my first smart phone, so I have limited experience, but the full keyboard is 100% recommended for ease of use!

Hope that helps,
Daina

Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
this really help Aug 9, 2008

Thanks Daina for your comment, I will examine this phone and decide whether it fits my needs or no.
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E90 Vs Blackberry

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search