problem with some members...
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 03:34
English to German
+ ...
Aug 20, 2008

Hi! this issue is very unique. this member took our services. The files were fat and the time frame as usual very short and the PO did not read single handed finishing.it is now 3 months and only last week the member had informed me that he is shifting to a different location. On one side when he is not paying and on the other he is shifting, I do not know what to do. The BB entry is certainly not going to help I think. Some help here please. BR BRandis

[Subject edited by staff or modera
... See more
Hi! this issue is very unique. this member took our services. The files were fat and the time frame as usual very short and the PO did not read single handed finishing.it is now 3 months and only last week the member had informed me that he is shifting to a different location. On one side when he is not paying and on the other he is shifting, I do not know what to do. The BB entry is certainly not going to help I think. Some help here please. BR BRandis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-08-22 12:00]
Collapse

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:34
Russian to English
+ ...
clarification Aug 22, 2008

Comprehension the post of your not was possible...clarification the required to same with urgency.

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:34
Dutch to English
+ ...
Let me try and see what's going here ... Aug 22, 2008

1. You accepted work from an outsourcer, who happens to be a Proz member.

2. It was a large project with a tight deadline.

3. The PO did not indicate that you had to type the translation with one hand tied behind your back. (or more likely: the PO did not stipulate that you had to complete the project alone, i.e. therefore you feel you were somehow within your rights to subcontract)?

4. Payment has been outstanding for 3 months.

5. Outsourcer,
... See more
1. You accepted work from an outsourcer, who happens to be a Proz member.

2. It was a large project with a tight deadline.

3. The PO did not indicate that you had to type the translation with one hand tied behind your back. (or more likely: the PO did not stipulate that you had to complete the project alone, i.e. therefore you feel you were somehow within your rights to subcontract)?

4. Payment has been outstanding for 3 months.

5. Outsourcer, who just happens to be a Proz member, is in the process of relocating.

6. You believe this indicates said outsourcer in fact has money.

7. You don't think a BB entry will be effective in this case.

Please confirm (or clarify where wrong) so that interested partes can comment and assist further.

Kind regards
Debs
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:34
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Translation and my answer Aug 22, 2008

My answer,
(take into account that I did not understand the bit about "..the PO did not read single handed finishing...")

Brandis,

if you have delivered a service, according to the terms of a contract or Purchase Order, in time and with good quality, you should simply demand your payment. End of the story.
The fact that your customer is, apparently moving to another location seems to me irrelevant, unless he has asked you to be patient and wait a bi
... See more
My answer,
(take into account that I did not understand the bit about "..the PO did not read single handed finishing...")

Brandis,

if you have delivered a service, according to the terms of a contract or Purchase Order, in time and with good quality, you should simply demand your payment. End of the story.
The fact that your customer is, apparently moving to another location seems to me irrelevant, unless he has asked you to be patient and wait a bit longer, perhaps he is unable to pay in time for some logistic reason...

It is possible that your short description is not including many more details, but from what you said it seems to me a normal case of a delayed payment, and yes, you could post your feedback in the BB.
It is not clear anyway why you think that it would not help.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2008-08-22 15:33]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with some members...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »