Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:04
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2008

Hi.

I have just been informed by the folks at Moneybookers that I am not supposed to be using their service to pay my vendors in China. Drat. And my vendors in China (mainland) say that Paypal charges them a ridiculous amount over there.

How do agency owners / outsources in the UNITED STATES make payments to China? Moneybookers is not an option, and wire transfer is very expensive.

Thanks!
Sandra

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 09:04
English to Chinese
+ ...
moneybookers doesn't work in China? Sep 20, 2008

Hi Sandra,

The moneybookers folks told you that? I am not sure if there was a recent policy change but it works wonderfully for me. I am a vendor in China and I have been using moneybookers for over a year.

Paypal charges 30$ or something per withdrawal. It is ridiculous when you withdraw a small amount. What I do is to withdraw until my balance reaches 800 or 1000$.

Besides wire transfer, you may consider using check. It's slow but inexpensive.
... See more
Hi Sandra,

The moneybookers folks told you that? I am not sure if there was a recent policy change but it works wonderfully for me. I am a vendor in China and I have been using moneybookers for over a year.

Paypal charges 30$ or something per withdrawal. It is ridiculous when you withdraw a small amount. What I do is to withdraw until my balance reaches 800 or 1000$.

Besides wire transfer, you may consider using check. It's slow but inexpensive.

Best

Dallas
Collapse

Sandra Alboum
Sandra Alboum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:04
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Why Moneybookers isn't an option Sep 20, 2008

Hi.

No, Moneybookers works fine in China. Here's why it doesn't work for me:

The only way to FUND a moneybookers account from the US is:

- By wire transfer (for which my bank charges me $60)
- By credit card (which moneybookers limits to a couple thousand dollars each month)

When I'm making $5,000-10,000 in payments to vendors per month, this is impractical. I need to avoid the wire transfer option because it's too expensive and Paypal,
... See more
Hi.

No, Moneybookers works fine in China. Here's why it doesn't work for me:

The only way to FUND a moneybookers account from the US is:

- By wire transfer (for which my bank charges me $60)
- By credit card (which moneybookers limits to a couple thousand dollars each month)

When I'm making $5,000-10,000 in payments to vendors per month, this is impractical. I need to avoid the wire transfer option because it's too expensive and Paypal, as horrible as people think it is, at least put no limits on my credit card payments.

Any other ideas are welcome!

Thanks.
Sandra
Collapse

LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
China
French to Chinese
+ ...
have u ever heard of Alipay? Oct 6, 2008

First of all, I never try it before.

But if you say that PayPal and Moneybooker are out of your choice, the Alipay might be an option.

Alipay is the e-payment of Alibaba and Taobao in China (No 1 B2B & No 1 C2C websites here).

I just find out that Visa card holders are able to make the transfers to their Alipay account, no charge right the moment.

Again, never try it before and have some doubts abt it.

LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
China
French to Chinese
+ ...
just find out that... Oct 6, 2008

lilianleelala wrote:

First of all, I never try it before.

But if you say that PayPal and Moneybooker are out of your choice, the Alipay might be an option.

Alipay is the e-payment of Alibaba and Taobao in China (No 1 B2B & No 1 C2C websites here).

I just find out that Visa card holders are able to make the transfers to their Alipay account, no charge right the moment.

Again, never try it before and have some doubts abt it.

sorry, pals...

The website is in Chinese, no English version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making Payments to China

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »