professional insurance in Spain
Thread poster: Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Lisa Mann
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 20, 2009

Hi everyone. I have a small translation agency in Spain and we've recently done some work for pretty big retail clients who are going to print and distribute thousands of our translations. It's a great opportunity for me, my business and the freelancers who work with me, but I'm worried that one day a mistake will slip by us - despite a rigorous revision process - and I'll be held financially responsible. I talked to my "gestor" about getting professional insurance to cover such an eventuality, ... See more
Hi everyone. I have a small translation agency in Spain and we've recently done some work for pretty big retail clients who are going to print and distribute thousands of our translations. It's a great opportunity for me, my business and the freelancers who work with me, but I'm worried that one day a mistake will slip by us - despite a rigorous revision process - and I'll be held financially responsible. I talked to my "gestor" about getting professional insurance to cover such an eventuality, and he made a million phone calls but could not find an insurance provider for translation services companies. Does anyone know of one in Spain?
BTW - any information about my legal responsibilities in the worst case scenario (i.e. that a client sues me for all I've got because of a misplaced comma) would be great too...

Lisa
Collapse

RNAtranslator
RNAtranslator  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask a Spanish translator's asotiation Mar 21, 2009

For example, ASETRAD.

¡Salud!

Ignacio Vicario Esteban

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

professional insurance in Spain

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »