Translation agreement, terms and conditions etc.
Thread poster: Emma Hradecka
Emma Hradecka  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 22:59
English to Czech
+ ...
Apr 18, 2009

Hello,
I would like to know what you think of / what's your experience with asking clients to sign a Translation Agreement (the likes of the sample agreement on ATA web pages) or some other T&C document.

Do you sign a general document with translation agencies you start to cooperate with (here I'm thinking especially of payment and cancellation terms and conditions)?

I really like the sample documents on the ATA or JTP (Czech Union of Interpreters and Translators) web sites but I realize there are two sides to it - protecting yourself and putting your clients off.

Thank you beforehand for any advice.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:59
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A good idea Apr 19, 2009

I think it is a good idea, although I must say that I haven't done it yet. I came across this only recently and am in the process of preparing a basic agreement to have it signed by our customers here. With most of them I already have a contract which was issued by them.

In fact, having your own agreement is part of the EN 15038 standard, so if you plan to apply the standard to your services or make your services as close to the standard as much as possible, one of the things you need is such a general framework agreement with the customers.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation agreement, terms and conditions etc.

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search