how does a client send money to my PayPal Account?
Thread poster: cendrine marrouat
cendrine marrouat
English to French
+ ...
Aug 30, 2003

Dear all,
I have a question for you. I was wondering how clients could send money to my PayPal account? I have no idea how it works and the website does not explain it either.
Thanks a lot for your consideration.
Cendrine Marrouat

Direct link Reply with quote

Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:30
Member (2003)
English to Swedish
+ ...
They "email money" to you while they're logged in Aug 30, 2003

They have to, first of all, have a Pay Pal account and have a bank account (Only for US, I think) and/or credit card registered. Once they do, they just log in, click on the option for sending money, enter your email address along with the desired amount.

That's all there's to it!

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/ema/index-outside

There's even a demo button in the upper right hand corner.

[Edited at 2003-08-30 02:15]

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
The customer doesn't need to have a PayPal account! Aug 30, 2003

No, whoever pays you doesn't need to have a PayPal account as long as they have a credit card. The person who receives payment, i.e. you, needs to have a PayPal account. You can log in and 'request payment', quoting the customer's email address. They are then sent an email requesting money. In Europe, they can only pay by credit card unless they have a PayPal account with a registered Switch or Solo card. This means a percentage is deducted from your payment by PayPal. The customer will need to give their credit card details, but the entire process can be completed within a few hours. PayPal will notify you when the customer has paid. However, for you to withdraw the payment from your PayPal account may take between 5 and 7 working days, but at least you can be sure that the money will be there at the end.

[Edited at 2003-08-30 09:59]

[Edited at 2003-08-30 10:00]

Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 10:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Moneybookers Aug 30, 2003

I suggest you take a good look at Moneybookers:

www.moneybookers.com

It is much cheaper than Paypal, and faster, too.

Also, search Moneybookers in the Proz search box.

Ruben Berrozpe  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
How do you put the "Accepts Paypal payments here"? Aug 30, 2003

I'll use this thread to ask another question - if you don't mind... :^D
Well, I have a premium paypal account and I have seen some of you display the Paypal logo ("Accepts paypal payments here") on your profile pages. I am sure it is easy to do but I don't know how - how can you display the logo in the profile page?

Thank you!!

Rb

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Simple Aug 30, 2003

Just copied this from FAQ in 'About' under 4.2.
You simply go to your ProZ.com profile, click on 'edit personal data', and then enter the email address you used to set up the paypal account in the "paypal payment email" space provided.

Ruben Berrozpe  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Thank you Anne Aug 30, 2003

Anne Lee wrote:

Just copied this from FAQ in 'About' under 4.2.
You simply go to your ProZ.com profile, click on 'edit personal data', and then enter the email address you used to set up the paypal account in the "paypal payment email" space provided.

Simple when you know of course..!

Thanks so much Anne.
Have a nice weekend

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how does a client send money to my PayPal Account?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search