Thread poster: maja.freelan (X)
maja.freelan (X)
maja.freelan (X)
Local time: 12:22
German to Macedonian
+ ...
Jun 10, 2009

Hi all,

Can somebody please help me out? I'm quite new to ProZ and still learning lot of things around here.

So recently I worked for one outsourcer and was thinking because the amount of money is not so big to ask him to transfer the money in "my wallet" on ProZ, so I can use them for my next subscription.

Can somebody please tell me how this is done? Is it possible to transfer money to other ProZ users?

Thanks,
Maja

EHI (X)
EHI (X)
no Jun 10, 2009

Hi Maja

The ProZ wallet cannot be used to receive money from clients.

This is how ProZ explains the feature:

Your ProZ.com wallet is used to track payments you have made for items and services purchased through the site. You may also deposit amounts to your wallet, to be used for such things as Blue Board access, job quoting (full members already have this access), text ads, etc. Your wallet is not intended as a payment method or for use in transferring funds from one account to another.

18.2 - How can I accept payments through my ProZ.com Profile page?
Unfortunately, the ProZ.com Payments feature (top right corner in the Profile pages) is no longer available.

Hope this helps.

maja.freelan (X)
maja.freelan (X)
German to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Lutz Jun 10, 2009

for the info.

It's such a shame that it cannot be used for that purpose anymore. Is there any reason why is this feature no longer available?

Thanks,
Maja

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes. there is a reason why the feature is no longer available Jun 10, 2009

It is something to do with confidentiality of translators' information, in response to a thread where a lot of people protested about their PayPal e-mail address being visible to everybody.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My wallet

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »