https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/139675-professional_indemnity_insurance_in_uk.html

Professional indemnity insurance in UK
Thread poster: Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2009

Hello,

I need to get professional indemnity insurance and was wondering if anyone could recommend a company? I work full-time as a translator in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Joanne

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
One possibility Jul 9, 2009

Joanne Parker wrote:

Hello,

I need to get professional indemnity insurance and was wondering if anyone could recommend a company? I work full-time as a translator in the UK.

Thanks in advance.

Joanne

Try AON - they are one of the biggest providers of P.I insurance in all fields.

However, you should ask for competitive quotations from about three different providers, before you decide.

Your insurance premiums will be deductible from your income as a non-taxable expense.

[Edited at 2009-07-09 09:53 GMT]

liz askew
liz askew  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Strangely enough.. Jul 9, 2009

Hello there

I am just renewing mine and could recommend someone to you should you wish to send me an email privately.

[email protected]

Liz Askew

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
ITI Jul 9, 2009

The ITI ( Institute of Translation and Interpreting) runs a scheme for members etc.

sophierowe
sophierowe
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
professional indemnity insurance Sep 6, 2009

A fellow translator asked me the same question only last week.

I recommended www.businessprofessionalinsurance.co.uk which is not owned by any one indemnity provider but acts as an risk inusrance portal for professional freelancers. It is always worth shopping around, and getting at least one other quote to the industry's association scheme.

Hope this helps

... See more
A fellow translator asked me the same question only last week.

I recommended www.businessprofessionalinsurance.co.uk which is not owned by any one indemnity provider but acts as an risk inusrance portal for professional freelancers. It is always worth shopping around, and getting at least one other quote to the industry's association scheme.

Hope this helps

[Edited at 2009-09-06 22:40 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Professional indemnity insurance in UK

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »