Thread poster: Kimberlee Thorne-Harper

Kimberlee Thorne-Harper
United States
Local time: 04:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 2, 2009

Hi there,

Although I'm based in Argentina, I'm a busy Project Manager like most are...

I offer PayPal as a payment option, but I have a hard time convincing my translators to use it, due to all the problems (time, fees, etc.) it has caused up to now.

Moreover, it's getting to be a big pain for me to take the money out of my US account from an Argentine ATM and walk all that cash to a local bank to pay my translators in pesos Ar.

But recently one of my translators in Mexico introduced me to Xoom (www.xoom.com), which is fast and not that expensive either.

Can anyone in Argentina (or people who have used this for translators in Argentina), tell me how the experience with Xoom has been for them?

I'm interested in knowing about any electronic payment system that is used in Argentina.

Thanks in advance!
Kimberlee Thorne-Waintraub

Direct link Reply with quote

malaudes
Argentina
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Options in Argentina Sep 3, 2009

Hi Kimberlee,

I'd definetely use Xoom! My experience with this system has been very good and quick so far.

Another option is Moneygram. I also had a good experience with this.

Good luck!

Andreas Nieckele  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:16
English to Portuguese
+1 for Xoom Sep 3, 2009

Although I'm in Brazil, I vouch for Xoom too. Practical and not too expensive. The money goes straight to the bank account.

However, if I'm not mistaken it's the sender who has to pay the charges...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Electronic Payment Options in Argentina

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search