Where to look for creative writers for a freelance translator?
Thread poster: Maciek Drobka

Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:45
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 15, 2009

Dear Proz.com Members,

I've been toying with the idea of developing a mini-brochure advertising my translation services to send out in a digital format to a profiled group of recipients.

Actually, the idea is to have somebody develop the mini-brochure for me. And hence my post. I was sure it was possible to search the Proz.com Directory for Creative Writers/Copywriters. But it is not. (I may have got the wrong idea by seeing some Proz.com members listing creative writing on their profiles.)

So my question is: Can I find creative/copywriters on this site? If so, how? If not, can you help and tell me how to find someone who can develop an A4/A5 marketing/advertising brochure for a freelance translator? Or perhaps recommend someone tried and proven?

Another key question is: Do you have an idea how much I would have to pay to have a brochure like this developed, including copy, colours/graphics and layout? (And perhaps other things I am not aware of.) A very rough estimate would do at this point. If I see a prohibitive amount, I'll know I have to give up on the idea.

Thank you in advance,

Maciek

Direct link Reply with quote

Andrea Brumma
Spain
English to German
+ ...
Translator search with keyword "creative writing" Sep 16, 2009

Hi Maciek,

You can go to “Directories” and then “Translators”, select the language in which you want to have the brochure written as target language in the target language field, select the same language as native language and type “creative writing” or “creative writer” into the keyword field. You can also choose several more settings.

Best,
Andrea

Edited: Actually, I agree with Alessandra. Give it a try yourself! I have seen a lot of marketing brochures I didn't like at all. I have my very own opinion on how I want to market myself... You could write the brochure yourself and have it edited by a marketing professional, or better, you could collaborate closely. You give them ideas, they give you ideas... Choose a professional that caters for your needs and is open to your suggestions.
You could write the brochure in your native language and have it translated.

[Edited at 2009-09-16 09:35 GMT]

Alessandra Martelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Give some credit to yourself :) Sep 16, 2009

Hi Maciek!

I'm working on the same idea in these days, I'm completely rebuilding my website, resume, marketing tools etc. and I was thinking about a brochure too, but I decided to develop it by myself. and not only for money-saving purposes.

I think that working on our marketing tools really improves our ability to deal with the business issues our profession comes along with, and I also think nobody can know the "personal touch" we want to give our communication better than we do. It takes a lot of time and lot of effort too, but you might have some brilliant ideas that might lead you to success

However, if you really feel you want somebody to develop your brochure, I could give you a name, tried and proven with experience in dealing with marketing for translators. I asked him for a rough estimate, he told me that a basic 1-page would cost about 150-200 Eur, depending on your ideas. In case, just contact me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Good luck
Alessandra

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where to look for creative writers for a freelance translator?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search