UCAS - Official translations
Thread poster: Jane Golding

Jane Golding  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:24
Member (2009)
French to English
Jan 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me the requirements for official translations of certificates and documents for applications to UK universities (for individual institutions and through UCAS)? I have the DipTransIOL. Do I have to have an official stamp, and if so, where would I obtain it and what should it say? Also, what are the usual rates for this type of translation?

Thank you


Noni Gilbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
No sworn translations, official institution notepaper Jan 24, 2010

Two separate friends are currently in the middle of university applications for their daughters, from Spain.

They have not had to have any sworn translations of documentation, although I know that they have translated references themselves, and then handed them back to the referees so that they could be sent on official notepaper of the instutituion they come from. The official notepaper issue is apparently vital.


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UCAS - Official translations

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search