officially verified translations in Norway
Thread poster: SMLPinheiro

United States
Local time: 07:21
English to Portuguese
Feb 1, 2010

I am Portuguese but am currently living in Norway. I am applying for a Master degree here and I need to deliver officially verified translations of the Portuguese University transcripts. I had the documents translated by a professional in Portugal, but now I don't know how I can have them signed and stamped (as required by the University here). In Portugal when we need a certified translation we go to the notary public. It is not valid just signed by the translator. How does it work here?

Really appreciate your help.
Thank you
Sílvia Pinheiro

Direct link Reply with quote

Geir Vikan  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:21
German to Norwegian
+ ...
How to do it Feb 1, 2010

you need a stamp from a Norwegian "Statsautorisert Translatør" who must confirm the translation, sometimes he again must have his stamp confirmed by Notarius Publicus, but probably not in your case.

Pål Endresen

He is a nice guy and will probably help you (turn on the charm ... )
Best regards
Geir Vikan

United States
Local time: 07:21
English to Portuguese
Tusen takk! Feb 1, 2010

Thank you very much Geir. I will do as you suggest

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

officially verified translations in Norway

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search