Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:40
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Nov 22, 2003

Hello, I do not know if this is the right forum, but is someone receiving unsolicited emals from Steven Brunasso?
I got two of them within one hour.
They state simply:
"I need more info" in a header and:
"Please, send me your full name to [email protected]" in the body
and are seond from this account.

www.cesp.net is a
... See more
Hello, I do not know if this is the right forum, but is someone receiving unsolicited emals from Steven Brunasso?
They state simply:

www.cesp.net is an existing homepage without any dangerous content, and even Steven Brunasso can be found on the net - including his picture. But what the heck are all those email about?

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
Portuguese to English
Spam! Nov 22, 2003

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

They state simply:

www.cesp.net is an existing homepage without any dangerous content, and even Steven Brunasso can be found on the net - including his picture. But what the heck are all those email about?

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards
Jerzy

suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
This is spam! Nov 22, 2003

Sue Simons, AIL, Dip Trans IoL wrote:
This is spam! I get umpteen of these, lots from Nigerians & Chinese asking for money etc. They get deleted immediatelyI think there are programs that u can get to divert spam mail getting into your system, but I dont have it.
Jerzy Czopik wrote:

They state simply:
\"I need more info\" in a header and:
\"Please, send me your full name to [email protected]\" in the body

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards
Jerzy

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Account address hijacked Nov 23, 2003

This is spam! I get umpteen of these, lots from Nigerians & Chinese asking for money etc. They get deleted immediatelyI think there are programs that u can get to divert spam mail getting into your system, but I dont have it.
Jerzy Czopik wrote:

They state simply:

Thanks for any advice.

Kind regards
Jerzy

I once (thankfully briefly) had my account address hijacked. The perpetrator did not have access to my account, but was sending out emails, with one of my email addresses as the source and reply address. This led to me receiving a lot of mail admin. related email from servers which had bounced or refused to deliver the mail, and on a couple of occasions emails from irate users asking me to "get lost" and stop sending them such "filth" (these are not the exact words used). I contacted microsoft, who were pretty useless really (it was a hotmail account), and fortunately within a couple of weeks the whole thing faded away.

The perplexing thing, was that after talking to microsoft, I realised there was very little that could really be done about it. No hacking had taken place, the perp. had simply placed my email address in the sender and reply fields. I had no way of easily tracking down who it was, microsoft were unable/unwilling to help, I just had to live for two weeks with all the bounced mails coming to my inbox (not much different from all the other spam that my hotmail account seems to attract)!!

Doru Voin
Doru Voin  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:40
English to Romanian
+ ...
Fighting spam Nov 24, 2003

Hi Jerzy!
This message is for sure spam. You and other people as well might consider useful this article of mine, Fighting spam, available on the ...
See more
Hi Jerzy!
This message is for sure spam. You and other people as well might consider useful this article of mine, Fighting spam, available on the Web Design
Knowledge Base
, Security
Knowledge Base
and RAV
AntiVirus
websites.

Regards from Bucharest,
Doru Voin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unsolicited emails

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »