Meridian Technologies Translations
Thread poster: Albert Golub
Albert Golub
Albert Golub  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:45
English to French
Mar 6, 2002

Someone just informed me that this company has gone out of business. I myself had a narrow escape in October with a 3000$ invoice that they eventually paid. I guess that this liquidation is fishy since they must have made a lot of money during 4 months (not paying the translators) In France creditors keep a right to get paid when a company is liquidated so don\'t give up and check the official asect of this information. If a website can help you, somebody could collect the information in yahoo e... See more
Someone just informed me that this company has gone out of business. I myself had a narrow escape in October with a 3000$ invoice that they eventually paid. I guess that this liquidation is fishy since they must have made a lot of money during 4 months (not paying the translators) In France creditors keep a right to get paid when a company is liquidated so don\'t give up and check the official asect of this information. If a website can help you, somebody could collect the information in yahoo e groups or wherever and i could develop (for free of course) a website so that everybody gets access to this information on that website

Sorry for you and count me in if i can help you

Best Regards
Collapse

acaba
acaba
Thailand
Local time: 07:45
English to Thai
+ ...
Help, I'm stuck Mar 21, 2002

They still owe me $1000 since December last year. What should I do??

Erika Pavelka (X)
Erika Pavelka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:45
French to English
Subscribe to TCR Mar 21, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-21 00:23, acaba wrote:

The best thing to do is to subscribe to the Translation Client Review (TCR) list in Yahoogroups (if you\'re not already a subscriber). You\'re very likely to find others who are still owed money (the old \"strength in numbers\").
... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-21 00:23, acaba wrote:

The best thing to do is to subscribe to the Translation Client Review (TCR) list in Yahoogroups (if you\'re not already a subscriber). You\'re very likely to find others who are still owed money (the old \"strength in numbers\").

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com, type TCR in the Search field and follow the instructions on subscribing. Then you can post a message to the list and find out whether anyone knows about the company\'s status.

Good luck,

Erika

Collapse

acaba
acaba
Thailand
Local time: 07:45
English to Thai
+ ...
Thanks Mar 22, 2002

Thanks for your suggest!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Meridian Technologies Translations

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »