Request for information about Austrian agency [Please use Blue Board]
Thread poster: Graciela Carlyle

Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 2, 2004

I just received this request and I know I can't give names in this forum, but really needed to warn anyone expecting to do business with this agency to be aware that they seem to be a fraud. They are impossible to reach, the addresses and telephone numbers they give are apparently fake.

Please check the yahoo payment practices list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pp_dist/
More information can be found at http://www.trwenterprises.com/payment_practices.htm
It's worth to be subscribed.

There are several people that give their personal experiences with them.
I hope I have not breached any ProZ rule with this posting. I felt it was very important to warn the community.

Best wishes.
Grace.

Direct link Reply with quote

United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not allowed to use the blueboard either ... Jan 2, 2004

I'm afraid I cannot use the blueboard because it's not my personal experience.
That's why I adviced to check the payment practices list.
Best,
Grace.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:50
English to German
+ ...
Facts and personal experience Jan 2, 2004

Hi Graciela,
Third-party information can be risky, as it can help spread rumours. This is why Blue Board ratings require personal experience.

That said, you have a point in this specific case - in fact, Giuliana Buscaglione has been monitoring this "outsourcer" for quite some time.

Despite the wealth of information available on the Blue Board, I would never advocate using it as your only source of information. I would like to take your posting as a general reminder to be vigilant, particularly to those who have not been able to gather significant experience in this business.

Also, the absence of information or feedback should not be construed as an indication for a reliable business partner.

Best regards, Ralf

United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
exactly... Jan 2, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Graciela,
Third-party information can be risky, as it can help spread rumours. This is why Blue Board ratings require personal experience.

That said, you have a point in this specific case - in fact, Giuliana Buscaglione has been monitoring this "outsourcer" for quite some time.

Despite the wealth of information available on the Blue Board, I would never advocate using it as your only source of information. I would like to take your posting as a general reminder to be vigilant, particularly to those who have not been able to gather significant experience in this business.

Also, the absence of information or feedback should not be construed as an indication for a reliable business partner.

Best regards, Ralf

Hi Ralf and thanks for your reply.
Yes, you're right,let's take this as a reminder to be alert.
IMHO, best thing is to subscribe to several payment practices lists and double check.
None, or only one or two feedbacks on the blueboard are not always enough and we need to have our eyes wide open to avoid non-payers or fraudulent clients.

Kind regards,
Grace.

Mondolingua  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
let's do something! Jan 3, 2004

Hi Grace and Ralf!
I just want to add that I'm hearing very often about such "crimes" - and they are-, so I'd like to do something:
please email me personally.
I'm living in Austria and, as this country is not that big, I will try to find out what this agency does.
We are a young translation company too and I cannot bear that there are such agencies acting like this and letting the translators be that distrustful!
Thank You
Lucia

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
We *are* doing something... Jan 4, 2004

Lucia,
You may not be aware that there's a team of moderators, plus two Jobs Area coordinators (Giuliana Buscaglione and myself) working on detecting and banning non-payers.

You are, of course, free to gather information privately, but in that case I would like to ask you to do so outside ProZ.com.

Since Giuliana is in a good position to follow up in this case, may I suggest you contact her through her profile to discuss this specific situation.

Thanks for your understanding, and best regards
Ralf

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Please contact Jobs area Coordinators privately! Jan 4, 2004

Hi,

A forum posting doesn't help at all, as no names may be mentioned.

Please, instead of posting on forums (= Ralf and I have to read and contact members privately = time is wasted), just get in touch with us directly!

I can recall only one request on that day.. Please rate the agency on the BlueBoard and let me or Ralf have all details you know about this "agency".

Thanks for your cooperation.

Giuliana
Jobs Area Coordinator

Mondolingua  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
Ok, thanks Jan 4, 2004

Thanks Ralf,
as I am working with Proz since a relative short time I didn't know it - I'm going to contact Giuliana!

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request for information about Austrian agency [Please use Blue Board]

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search