serious conflict with agency manager
Thread poster: mvale2

mvale2  Identity Verified
Norwegian to English
+ ...
May 16, 2010

I need urgently to seek advice on a bizarre altercation with an agency manager that does not relate to any job done, yet on the basis of the briefest of email exchanges ended with a final email announcing that she was unilaterally placing me under interdiction with no less than 14 agencies in Germany. Perhaps i should send you the email exchange? The issue is so serious that it evidently requres an impartial forum, but at this point i dont know where to go. Are there professional translator organisations in germany, i.e., that have clout, agency organisations, boards etc. that can advise on the ethical and even legal implications of what has happened.? Thanks in advance for your response

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:57
English to Czech
+ ...
Posting details May 16, 2010

Hi Michael,
I'm afraid nobody can help you without some more details. However, be very careful not to mention the agency's or the PM's names. Your post would be most probably hidden by a moderator.
Anyway, the language of this forum is German, so wir sollten eigentlich Deutsch verwenden.

Anne Zielisch MCIL
Local time: 00:57
English to German
BdÜ May 16, 2010

http://bdue.de/

That is the German translator's association.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

serious conflict with agency manager

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search