Agencies in the eurozone asking to quote in $
Thread poster: Williamson

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:27
Flemish to English
+ ...
May 20, 2010

I could not help noticing that some agencies, situated in the eurozone and in a country with high costs of living are looking for translators and asking for quotes in $. Even with the troubles of the euro 0.04$-0.06$ is still the equivalent of 0.03 eurocents-0.047 eurocents per word.
Fair is fair?

Direct link Reply with quote

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:27
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
Currency risk May 20, 2010

Some agencies request to be billed in USD if they bill their end client in USD. That way the remove currency risk. Essentially that currency risk is then yours, and you may want to increase your rate to cover the risk.

Krys Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:27
Member (2003)
Polish to English
+ ...
It can also work in your favour May 22, 2010

I have separate rates in EUR, GBP and USD. If I am asked to bill in USD, I use my USD rate. I have found this to be very rewarding at times when sterling is weak.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agencies in the eurozone asking to quote in $

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search