Carla Araújo
Carla Araújo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:08
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 15, 2004

Dear all,

Can anyone confirm if the translation service of the european commission has some sort of tax reference number? I don't think so, because they are an international entity, but I'd like to have your feedback.

TIA

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
English to German
+ ...
Wouldn't it be easier to ask them directly? Jan 15, 2004

Ccastelo wrote:

Dear all,

Can anyone confirm if the translation service of the european commission has some sort of tax reference number? I don't think so, because they are an international entity, but I'd like to have your feedback.

TIA

[Edited at 2004-01-15 18:08]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Best option Jan 15, 2004

is to ask, considering that the invoice may have to be addressed in a specific way and sent to a specific office (there will certainly be a reference involved).

I can only answer as far as in-house personnel are concerned: the EC responds for tax questions to a supranational body created for it, and has a supranational social security system as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoicing the european commission

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »