Digital signature
Thread poster: Els Hoefman

Els Hoefman  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:13
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 16, 2004

I was wondering if any of you use a digital signature issued by e.g. Verisign. Do you feel it is becoming necessary in this day and age; and do you feel your clients and contacts appreciate it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:13
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Not yet Jan 16, 2004

None of my clients in any way indicated that they need a digital signature. Though one of them required me to install encrypting software, it was never used for any of their projects.

I would wait until I see that digital signature becomes commonly required.

Romuald

[Edited at 2004-01-16 20:49]

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
Danish to English
+ ...
Verisign Jan 16, 2004

I have used the Verisign with one client only for a couple of years. However, I only have it because I was asked to use it for this one client.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 20:13
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
We use it Jan 16, 2004

and none of the clients have objected up to now. And IMHO, though here in Latvia the Law on Digital Signature has not been adopted yet, IMHO, it in no way worse than faxed, signed and stamped document. At least, contrary to the last, I cannot create it in Photoshop in 5 minutes (Not that I've ever done it, it's just that I'm graphic artist by my first higher education and can do miracles in all graphic programs in a very short time...

Uldis

Els Hoefman wrote:

I was wondering if any of you use a digital signature issued by e.g. Verisign. Do you feel it is becoming necessary in this day and age; and do you feel your clients and contacts appreciate it?

[Edited at 2004-01-16 20:57]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Digital signature

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search